'16 Democratic Nomination Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    I can see that. Like you, I'm thinking that it's going to take something big to change the course of the status quo. Hillary seems predestined, which makes us looking toward more of the same. Sad that no real change can occur, at least not while so much of our process is bought.

Still not voting for her.
    SO when Hillary runs against Cruz
    you abstain and don't contribute to stopping him from being elected - SAD

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
      Why bother? Cruz has this thing locked up already, whether you vote for Hillary or not. All hail Hodor!

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
        I never abstain, I'll vote Sanders regardless.

Intelligence should stop him from ever holding office again and Hodor.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
          Cruz is a lot of shitty things. Stupid, however, is not one of those things.
          I meant the Voter's intelligence or lack thereof..............
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I can see that. Like you, I'm thinking that it's going to take something big to change the course of the status quo. Hillary seems predestined, which makes us looking toward more of the same. Sad that no real change can occur, at least not while so much of our process is bought.

Still not voting for her.
            What's scary is that you and I are not voting for her for the same reason. Her politicies are secondary.

J
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• New article from UVa, post Biden.
              The decision by Vice President Joe Biden to pass on the presidential race confirms what would have been true even if he had entered the contest: This is Hillary Clinton’s race to lose. Biden’s exit strengthens her position, because it has become clear that Biden was taking more support away from Clinton than from the […]

Hillary now has no realistic threat from other candidates. Sanders does not poll well in the primaries following Iowa and New Hampshire, nor does he have many endorsements. Biden could have split the vote in Southern states by hijacking the black bloc, which really is one bloc. That defaults to Hillary now. In spite of the appearance that Sander is closing, he's a lap down.

Sorry guys. It's all over but the party. Only Hillary throwing in the towel will suffice. how likely is that?

J
              Last edited by onejayhawk; 10-22-2015, 09:39 AM.
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

• the party's over!?

Comment

• As sad as I'll be if Sanders isn't the next POTUS, I'll be very amused that Hillary will win it even after this massive bunch of shit the GOP has throw at ther for almost a decade.

This benghazi hearing is a freaking farce, every person in connection with this should have to pay, out of pocket, back to the Taxpayers, every cent that was wasted during this bullshit..

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• So, does Sanders commitment to legalizing weed at a Federal level get him a sizable chunk of the millennial vote? I know it just got him every Boomer vote out there..............

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

So, does Sanders commitment to legalizing weed at a Federal level get him a sizable chunk of the millennial vote? I know it just got him every Boomer vote out there..............
                      I'm committed to legal weed. What does that get me?

J
                      Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

• Saw my first Bernie Sanders commercial tonight---very well done.

Comment

• I like the Stewie as President sim better.

J
                          Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

• The Wall Street 9/11 answer was a strange one. Have to respect that she and her team doubled down on it yesterday. I really believe there isn't much she won't say or do ('I tried to join the Marines....) at this point.
                            Overall, I thought Sanders was very good again--I guess I'm biased, but I thought he won. Most of the focus groups felt the same way, but the political talking heads seemed to give Hillary the nod.
                            Probably about time for O'Malley to pull the plug--he seems way out of his league compared to the other two.

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                              The Wall Street 9/11 answer was a strange one. Have to respect that she and her team doubled down on it yesterday. I really believe there isn't much she won't say or do ('I tried to join the Marines....) at this point.
                              Overall, I thought Sanders was very good again--I guess I'm biased, but I thought he won. Most of the focus groups felt the same way, but the political talking heads seemed to give Hillary the nod.
                              Probably about time for O'Malley to pull the plug--he seems way out of his league compared to the other two.
                              Once Sanders and Hillary hit head to head debate, sanders will close the gap as he'll have to get specific regarding her record toward Wall St and the War.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                                Anyone see Hillary ducking questions about her ties to Wall Street by saying that she has female donors and that she represented New York during 9/11? What the hell was that? It reminded me literally of this:

Wow, that is bizzare

http://www.economist.com/blogs/democ...ocratic-debate

The evening’s low-point involved a tussle about campaign finance, as Mr Sanders came close to accusing Mrs Clinton of being in hock to big banks on Wall Street, thanks to years of hefty donations from bankers and titans of finance. The Vermont senator boasted, as he so often does, of his army of 750,000 small donors who have sent him contributions.

Mrs Clinton’s reply combined indignation, an irrelevant appeal to feminist pride, and a bizarre riff about the September 11th attacks, by which she seemed to imply that taking money from big banks was her way of making sure that the terrorists behind that 2001 atrocity did not win. It was so odd, and so shameless, that it is worth quoting in full. Here is what the former First Lady, senator from New York and secretary of state said in reply to Mr Sanders, after charging that he had impugned her integrity:

“Oh, wait a minute, senator. You know, not only do I have hundreds of thousands of donors, most of them small. And I'm very proud that for the first time a majority of my donors are women, 60 percent. So, I represented New York, and I represented New York on 9/11 when we were attacked. Where were we attacked? We were attacked in downtown Manhattan where Wall Street is. I did spend a whole lot of time and effort helping them rebuild. That was good for New York. It was good for the economy and it was a way to rebuke the terrorists who had attacked our country.”
                                ---------------------------------------------
                                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                                ---------------------------------------------
                                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X