Spitzer: If Holder Does Not Sue Goldman Sachs He Should Resign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spitzer: If Holder Does Not Sue Goldman Sachs He Should Resign

Sorry Elliott, but hell has a better chance of freezing over. The following excerpt was the most telling of the conversation:

Elliott Spitzer speaking about his controversial time as Attorney General of New York State
    "Anderson, before I sued, went after Merrill Lynch, which was the first case we filed many years back, I was told by their lawyer -- this is a direct quote -- "Be careful, we have powerful friends"

ZeroHedge - On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero

27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" id="ep">

After all, we all know Holder is on the level. He's proved his loyalty:

Eric Holder is not the type of Attorney General we need in the wake of the recent economic collapse created by the unfettered greed of such corporate firms.
    Last edited by ; 04-17-2011, 10:07 PM.

I would say that any financial insider who doesn't believe that ANYONE should go to jail has a daunting challenge ahead.

If not, then what went wrong? How were so many 'smart people' so bamboozled, then?

It's actually a nightmare for Obama, in that he campaigned on some powerful principles, but still may have turned a blind eye to all of this as of fall 2012. Why would that be?

Not an easy exit strategy...
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
      I would say that any financial insider who doesn't believe that ANYONE should go to jail has a daunting challenge ahead.

If not, then what went wrong? How were so many 'smart people' so bamboozled, then?

It's actually a nightmare for Obama, in that he campaigned on some powerful principles, but still may have turned a blind eye to all of this as of fall 2012. Why would that be?

Not an easy exit strategy...
      I can only tell you how I feel abut it.

I'm disappointed that Obama has played so far to the center on several issues he campaigned on. I think he's made a couple of good things happen, but even those were watered down. Health Care, DADT, Gitmo, Iraq, holding Wall Street accountable, curtailing big bonuses for CEOs (especially of those of bailed out corporations), and Transparency to name a few. He has tried to work with the Right which I applaud, but after they showed him their asses, he should have stuck his boot in them rather than bend over to kiss them. I know this acquiescing is supposed to be a part of some grand plan to get more later, but that hasn't done it for me-- nor other Democrat/left leaning independents.

I'm not going to forget how his performance hasn't lived up to his promise, but even a half assed Obama is better than any alternative the Right is offering up to date. Now if they can produce a candidate who's a moderate without all the right leaning social agenda, I might be tempted to vote across party lines, but as long as whomever they end up with is anti choice, against raising taxes on the rich and those type of issues--I'd rather have Obama.

honestly-- i can't see anyone from the right adopting the core of what i believe so I'll probably end up voting Obama and hope for a better second term. But even if I do, i won't be forgetting my disappointment in his first term performance (well first half of first term)
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
      X