Grexit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    Also, one of the bookmakers have already paid out on the yes referendum vote before it's even happened ...
    Only a couple of bookmakers were offering odds on the Greek referendum, and they seemed to be following Paddy Power's lead ... I am really wondering where PP got their data from to offer 1/4 on on a Yes vote ... then to pay out early?

Going back over the stories and analysis, I can't find anything to justify those odds ... most polls were saying neck-and-neck, and certain polls were / are saying No was quite far ahead.

PP are notorious for their dubious publicity stunts, but interfering with a delicate political process to steer public opinion in their desired direction is way beyond the mark IMO. I wonder if it's even legal to fix a market like this ... is it even "fixing" ... I dunno.

This has been a curiosity for me since it was announced ... because it did coincide with a shift in momentum between the 2 sides, and there doesn't seem to be any data backing up such short odds, and the early payout on top of that.

ZeroHedge - On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero

Comment

Working...
    X