Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
    Color me suspicious
    Yeah, I assume they will be looking at foul play. Younger, healthy folks do die sometimes, but the timing and circumstances warrant closer scrutiny.

Comment

• Grant Wahl died of an aortic aneurysm

Dr. Céline Gounder, the wife of the late soccer writer Grant Wahl, announced yesterday that his death last week while covering the World Cup was the result of a sudden rupture of an aortic aneurysm. That determination was made after an autopsy was conducted in the United States. Here’s Gounder, appearing on CBS This Morning yesterday:
      “[The autopsy] showed that he had an aortic aneurysm that ruptured. The aorta — that’s the big blood vessel that comes out of your heart — is sort of the trunk of all your blood vessels. An aneurysm is a ballooning of the blood vessel wall, and so it’s weak . . . [it] is just one of those things that had been likely brewing for years. For whatever reason, it happened at this point in time.”
      Gounder followed up with a post at Wahl’s Substack[/URL], saying that her husband’s death was not suspicious in any way. He died, she wrote, “from the rupture of a slowly growing, undetected ascending aortic aneurysm with hemopericardium. The chest pressure he experienced shortly before his death may have represented the initial symptoms. No amount of CPR or [defibrillation] shocks would have saved him. His death was unrelated to COVID. His death was unrelated to vaccination status. There was nothing nefarious about his death.”
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Legendary soccer player Pele died at age 82.

image.png

Comment

• Barbara Walters, the pioneering TV journalist whose interviewing skills made her one of the most prominent figures in broadcasting, has died at age 93. RIP.

image.png
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Former Pope Benedict XVI has died at the age of 95. RIP.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Anita Pointer, one of the founding members of the R&B group The Pointer Sisters, has died at age 74. RIP.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Fred White, drummer for Earth, Wind & Fire, has died at age 67. RIP.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Adam Rich, a child actor who played Nicholas Bradford on "Eight is Enough," died from an overdose at age 54. RIP.

image.png

Comment

• Legendary guitarist Jeff Beck died at age 78. RIP.

image.png

Comment

• Lisa Marie Presley, daughter of Elvis who was once married to Michael Jackson, died at age 54. RIP.

Comment

• Robbie Bachman, drummer and co-founder of Bachman-Turner Overdrive, has died. He was 69 no cause was given.

Comment

• Robbie Knievel, stuntman who famously jumped the Caesar's Palace fountains in 1989 and the son of legendary stuntman Evel Knievel, died at age 60 from pancreatic cancer. RIP.

Comment

• Gina Lollobrigada, movie actress from the 1950's & 1960's era has died at the age of 95. RIP.

Last edited by madducks; 07-30-2023, 11:12 AM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Al Brown, actor famous for his role as police commander Stanislaus “Stan” Valchek in the hit TV show “The Wire,” has died at the age of 83. RIP.

Last edited by madducks; 07-30-2023, 11:12 AM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• David Crosby has died at 81.

Comment

Working...
                                X