No announcement yet.

*Official* In Memoriam Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actor Robert Guillaume, best known for his title role in the TV series "Benson from 1979-1986," died Tuesday at his home in Los Angeles. He was 89. RIP Benson.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• "Fats" Domino passed away from natural causes on Tuesday, 10/24, at 89. Is known as one of the early titans of Rock 'N Roll with hits like "Ain't That A Shame" and "Blueberry Hill".
      Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
        "Fats" Domino passed away from natural causes on Tuesday, 10/24, at 89. Is known as one of the early titans of Rock 'N Roll with hits like "Ain't That A Shame" and "Blueberry Hill".
        I know it's proper form for this thread to call out accomplishments, but it pains me a bit in my soul to think that we needed to point out some of Fats Domino's hits...

In other news... get off my lawn...
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Despite being a fan of both Guillaume and Fats Domino, I must say, I was surprised to learn they were the same age (actually Domino was a few months younger). I thought of them as being from different eras/generations, but that just came from me not reflecting on Fats starting out young in the 50s and Guillaume breaking out in his late 40s/early 50s.

Comment

• Karin Dor, who played the red-haired villainess Helga Brandt in the 1967 James Bond film You Only Live Twice, died Monday in a nursing home in Munich, her son told the Bild newspaper. She was 79.

The German beauty also had a key role as a revolutionary in the Alfred Hitchcock Cuban missile crisis thriller Topaz (1969).

Comment

• John Hillerman, who played Higgins on Magnum PI, died at age 84.

Comment

• AC/DC co-founder and guitarist Malcolm Young has died after battling dementia for several years. He was 64. RIP Malcolm.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Country music star Mel Tillis died at age 85.

Comment

• Actor Earle Hyman, who played Cliff Huxtable's father Russell on "The Cosby Show," has died at the age of 91.

Actress Ann Wedgeworth, who played neighbor Lana Shields on "Three's Company" has died at the age of 83.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Charles Manson dead at age 83.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• David Cassidy - Partridge family dead at 67

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
                          David Cassidy - Partridge family dead at 67
                          I think this might be premature.

Jana Novotna, women's 4-time Wimbledon champ, died of cancer at age 49.

Della Reese, R&B singer and actress ("Touched By An Angel"), died at age 89.

Comment

• Jim Nabors, who played TV's "Gomer Pyle," died at age 87.

Comment

• Pat DiNizio, lead singer of The Smithereens, died at age 62. RIP.

Comment

• Hall of Fame trainer LeRoy Jolley, who won the Kentucky Derby twice with Foolish Pleasure and Genuine Risk, died at age 80. RIP.

Comment

Working...
                                X