It's Back: Exceelent Movies I've Seen Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
    Very good to know, thanks! My wife insisted we hold out until the Super Bowl because she read somewhere that's the best time to buy. I was eyeing a Panasonic plasma 3D but you just saved me about $500.
    Here you go

It's Offical 3D is Dead

Comment

• I'm looking forward to Django Unchained opening next week ... but goddamn does Quentin make a fool of himself here

"This is a commercial for MY MOVIE!" ... "I'm shutting your butt down"

My favourite director, but he comes off like a real douchebag here.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
        I'm looking forward to Django Unchained opening next week ... but goddamn does Quentin make a fool of himself here

"This is a commercial for MY MOVIE!" ... "I'm shutting your butt down"

My favourite director, but he comes off like a real douchebag here.
        I agree he's a great director but every anecdotal story I've read/heard about him makes him out to be a real douchebag. If it looks like yada yada.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Young Adult with Charlize is AWESOME. She's not only a beauty but she's so funny and mean in this movie.

Comment

• Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
            Young Adult with Charlize is AWESOME. She's not only a beauty but she's so funny and mean in this movie.
            Agreed, one of my favorite movies of 2011. The story was very authentic as well - successful big city girl goes back to her hometown to win back her high school sweetheart only to find out not everyone's impressed by her big city attitude. Charlize was perfect and Patton Oswalt was awesome as usual even though he's not really playing a comic role.

Comment

• Been reading through the "Michael Haneke" Twitter account ... this could make me start following on Twitter ... bizarre ... icanhazatwitteraccount (and a hamburger fone).

Some tweets:

@EllenPage thx 4 the follow. ur purformans in junebug is the reeson i has a hamburgr fone lol

@theacademy wen my name is red out at 2days nominayshuns, can u remember 2 get @sethmacfarlane 2 say “its haneke bitch” lol

@benaffleck thanx 4 lendin me ur oscar nominayshun 4 best director!!1! i guess daredevil 2 mite happen aftr all lol #teamhaneke

@benaffleck sory 2 hear that ur performanse in terruns malicks new film has been replaysd with a pile of straw. hope ur ok. txt me lol

@kfc_colonel do u give a discount 4 ppl wot get five oscar nominayshuns lol

if i had a skittle 4 every time terruns malick txts me about a "spiritual experience with a tree" id die of eatin 2 many skittles lol.

terruns malick makes the worst playlists!1! their a mix of wind noises and jess chastayn speekn haikus about trees. thanx but no thanx lol

did u no that the originul cut of tree of life lasted for 26 years?? their r sum ppl who is stil watchn it now lol #pray4them

if a tree falls in the forest and no1 is around 2 heer it, does terruns malick still film it for 3 hours?? lol
              Last edited by johnnya24; 01-11-2013, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Young Adult with Charlize is AWESOME. She's not only a beauty but she's so funny and mean in this movie.
                yep, enjoyed this a bunch, she was the best part of "Snow White and the Huntsman" as well
                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Jumped on the Young Adult RJ lovefest last night. Spoilers: [I liked that fact that there was this whole alternative sub-narrative where the whole town was worried about her and/or talking about her. She thought she was quietly infiltrating the relationship, and in fact everyone is watching her. I also like the fact that it didn't resolve for her character (delusional people like that don't usually change), which is probably also the reason why I've never heard of this movie before now ... she is the only one who thought it was a happy ending.] Nice.
                  Last edited by JudeBaldo; 01-14-2013, 04:19 PM.

Comment

FB, JB, Overkill, Johnny etc - these are people that I usually agree with on movies but wow
                    I hated Young Adult - self indulgent (and yes I get that it is supposed to be narcissistic) but boring - UGH - I just hated it.

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                      FB, JB, Overkill, Johnny etc - these are people that I usually agree with on movies but wow
                      I hated Young Adult - self indulgent (and yes I get that it is supposed to be narcissistic) but boring - UGH - I just hated it.
                      The ending raised it above the norm for me ... made you think back at everything that happened in the movie (from the time she revealed her plans to Asian friend) and realize there was a completely different story running alongside it. Subtle in a way you don't expect from these kinds of movies. Spoiler: [plus I totally expected a happy ending, and got a strange unhappy/delusional happy ending]

I didn't really find it that funny. It's a movie about depression, anxiety, desperation and alcoholism masquerading as a rom-com ... home-wrecker-com. I think CT nailed all of these facets.
                      Last edited by JudeBaldo; 01-14-2013, 04:21 PM.

Comment

• The Raid / The Raid Redemption - mega non-stop action. Definitely regret not catching it in the cinema. It was very impressive, but without the big screen / cinema experience, I got a bit bored with the constant action. If you love eastern action cinema this is an all time classic ... if not, it's a decent all-action yarn.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post

I didn't really find it that funny. It's a movie about depression, anxiety, desperation and alcoholism masquerading as a rom-com ... home-wrecker-com. I think CT nailed all of these facets.
                          I didnt go in thinking it was going to be a comedy, in some ways it reminded me a lot of "Trees Lounge", Steve Buscemi's directorial debut
                          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• i watched silver linings playbook yesterday. i guess it's a sneaky chick flick. but it works because de niro is a philadelphia eagles fan. i like bradley cooper movies cause it's like he narrates during them. and then i walk around the next day talking to myself like bradley cooper.

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                              i watched silver linings playbook yesterday. i guess it's a sneaky chick flick. but it works because de niro is a philadelphia eagles fan. i like bradley cooper movies cause it's like he narrates during them. and then i walk around the next day talking to myself like bradley cooper.
                              Silver Linings Playbook - good flick, big upgrade from usual chick fare

Lincoln - three hour civics lesson. Yawn.

Django -- this film rocks, Christoph Walz is awesome

Comment

• Originally posted by Boone View Post
                                Silver Linings Playbook - good flick, big upgrade from usual chick fare

Lincoln - three hour civics lesson. Yawn.

Django -- this film rocks, Christoph Walz is awesome
                                LOl...yeah, that's my felling about "Lincoln" as well. I really don't care how well done it is, it's just not the type of subject matter that I go in for. Plus, WTF was DDL doing with that totally annoying voice? Is there some historian that discovered that Abe sounded like a whiny old woman?
                                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                                -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                                X