Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump 2024

Former guy becomes future guy!

Trump is crushing the run-up to the primaries so far. DeSantis looks uninspiring.

Not a lot to talk about yet, but the nicknames have been incredible. I thought "meatball" was good, but "Tiny D DeSantis" is next level. Meatball was an 8/10, Tiny D is an 11.

​​​​​​Hard to imagine Trump losing the primary and equally hard to imagine him winning the WH. Unless Biden dies and is replaced by a surefire loser like Kamala or Trainwreck Pete. I can picture Trump now: "I call him TP, short for Trainwreck Pete. Because that's what he is, he's a Trainwreck, like the one he oversaw in East Palestine."
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

I would say if DeSantis runs, he wins the nomination. As much as I dislike him, he's smart enough to know if he enters the race, he's the winner. He won't jeopardize a future presidential run on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      I would say if DeSantis runs, he wins the nomination. As much as I dislike him, he's smart enough to know if he enters the race, he's the winner. He won't jeopardize a future presidential run on this one.
      Strongly disagree. Tiny d is an idiot and his "anti-woke" campaign is flailing, with a recent poll showing only 50-46 approval in Florida. That's pretty bad. Trump's 2016 style populism will overtake him, not to mention his built in base of support means that unless the Republicans band together and drop out in tandem to sink Trump, he will win.

Avatar bet on it? Let's even things out!
      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

I'm having difficulty believing this:

Former President Donald Trump said Saturday he expects to be arrested in connection with the investigation by the Manhattan District Attorney next week and called for protests as New York law enforcement prepares for a possible indictment.

In a social media post on Saturday, Trump, referring to himself, said the “leading Republican candidate and former president of the United States will be arrested on Tuesday of next week.”

“Protest, take our nation back,” he wrote.

Former President Donald Trump said Saturday he expects to be arrested in connection with the investigation by the Manhattan District Attorney next week

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Can't wait to see the violent protests and see NY's Finest club these MAGAts over their brainwashed heads.....

Comment

If anything it will be an uneventful arrest with Trump out on bail in less than an hour and then a return to the usual years long court delays that we have become accustomed to. Please let me be wrong.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Trump indicted by a NY grabd jury.

how much is his mugshot NFT going to go for?

Comment

Last edited by madducks; 04-15-2023, 06:35 PM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

This new Trump attack ad against DeSantis is unreal!

It's also really smart, bridging the gap between personal BS and his most popular startegy from 2016, pretending to be a populist. This could definitely work again in '24, at least to win the primary.

Comment

I must admit, that is one heck of an attack ad. I did not expect the Trump camp to attack him from the left. I know you think DeSantis is no threat, but I think the fact that Trump has put so much effort into attacking him before he has even declares suggests Trump sees him as his biggest threat in the primaries. He may not even run, which would be cowardly, but would likely stop the attacks and get Trump to like him again.

Comment

In a stunning outcome, Fox News has settled its case with Dominion over their backing of Dopey's election lies, basically admitting they lied to their viewers throughout the entire ordeal.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                        DeSantis is getting obliterated! His extreme ideologies are turning off the right wing donors, who keep ditching DeSantis for Trump. Polling has gone the same way, despite Fox News tacitly endorsing DeSantis, at one point interviewing him while playing catch with a baseball on a diamond. I wonder if DeSantis sees the writing on the wall and bails.

This article from CBC News lays it all out well.

The Republican Florida governor's polling is down, his donors are distressed and his prized endorsements are flowing toward Donald Trump. Can he turn it around?

That said, I think the margins have given Dems a general election edge. The COVID cull, the mail-in ballot disadvantage, and continued replacement of boomers with zoomers, all are huge factors.

Also, Dems plan to play dirty, doing direct ballot initiatives on abortion to bump younger voters to turnout. It's in the bag if they do that.

Comment

Trump cheerleader Tucker Carlson has been fired from Fox News as they desperately try to repair their image.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                            Trump cheerleader Tucker Carlson has been fired from Fox News as they desperately try to repair their image.
                            I don't think he is gone because he carried water for Trump as much as because the released emails and texts showed he did so knowingly in contrast to what he knew was the truth. He said he hated Trump and knew there was no evidence at all for voter fraud while at the same time talking up Trump and the claims of voter fraud. I don't know if that is why he is gone, but his released emails and texts sure were damning to Fox's case/claims that they did not know they were reporting lies. It is stuff like that that made them settle with Dominion for over 3/4 of a billion bucks. Carlson's emails in particular highlighted that he knew and he passionately let others know that they were pushing lies and they should stop, but they did not stop. I'm half impressed by what he was trying to do behind the scenes, until I remind myself of what he did on air instead of take a public stand, he just added fuel to the voter fraud fires night after night.
                            Last edited by Sour Masher; 04-24-2023, 04:35 PM.

Comment

If recent reporting is to be believed, Carlson's firing came directly from Murdoch and he took his most popular anchor off the air, not because of how damning his private emails were in the lawsuits they are dealing with, but because of recent remarks at the Heritage Foundation that framed political debates in religious terms--as a battle between good (the right) and evil (the left). I find it hard to believe that was anything more than the straw that broke the camel's back, if that, but that is the reporting out now.

While I don't believe it, I do worry about that more generally. When folks put politics in religious terms, the results can be very bad. When disagreements get to the level of eternal damnation and righteous jihad, violence is inevitable.

Comment

Working...
                              X