No announcement yet.

2024 Election Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are a lot of things to like about Mayor Pete, but I have a hard time letting go of the fact that he got his start as a McKinsey consultant. That's a big hurdle for me to overcome. I'd feel better about that if he showed signs that he had left that way of thinking 100% in his past.
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
      please, can we stop with the septuagenarians? I'm 55 and worried I'd be unemployable if I lost my job... but 70 seems like a requirement to run the country.
      I do not think you would have issues finding employment at your age. Heck you can't even get full SS benefits until 70.

Comment

<p>
        Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        I do not think you would have issues finding employment at your age. Heck you can&#39;t even get full SS benefits until 70.
        You get full benefits at 67. The extra you get after that is considered above full. Semantics, I know, but few go the distance to 70 (5% of men, 7% of women).</p>
        Last edited by Sour Masher; 01-29-2023, 12:06 PM.

Comment

The nightmare scenario for the GOP is totally playing out: Trump has continued his attacks on DeSantis and other possible contenders, which is exactly what GOP operatives feared -- that he would attempt to damage and discredit anyone who got in his way of the nomination. Most of the reputable pollsters show DeSantis leading Trump in HTH matchups, but if DeSantis wins, another GOP fear is that he wouldn't support the winner, or claim it was rigged, or some other nonsense. Or, in what would be the ultimate nightmare, would run as a 3rd party candidate, which would basically hand the presidency to the Democrats and lead to a GOP civil war.

Comment

Nikki Haley officially announces her bid for the GOP nomination

Comment

The special grand jury investigating election interference in Georgia believes that some witnesses committed perjury and has given the green light to pursue indictments.

Go get 'em, cowboy!

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                The special grand jury investigating election interference in Georgia believes that some witnesses committed perjury and has given the green light to pursue indictments.

Go get 'em, cowboy!
                I've seen this movie before. I won't spoil the ending.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

In the Dominion Voting trial against Fox News, emails and texts show the Faux News hosts knew the election fraud garbage Drumpf was pushing was all BS, but they went with it anyway to prevent Drumpf from bashing them and their viewers from fleeing.
                  • Tommy Firth, a producer for Laura Ingraham's show, texted a Fox executive on Nov. 8, 2020: "This dominion sh*t is going to give me a f*cking aneurysm—as many times as I’ve told Laura it’s bs, she sees sh*t posters and trump tweeting about it."
                  • Host Sean Hannity testified that "that whole narrative that Sidney [Powell] was pushing, I did not believe it for one second" — despite inviting her onto his show without challenging her claims, per the filing.
                  • On Jan. 6, 2021, the filing says host Tucker Carlson texted that Trump is "a demonic force. A destroyer. But he's not going to destroy us."
                  • Murdoch at one point called the baseless voter fraud claims "really crazy stuff" in a text.
                  • ​In one set of messages revealed in the court filing, Carlson texted Ingraham, saying that Sidney Powell, an attorney who was representing the Trump campaign, was “lying” and that he had “caught her” doing so. Ingraham responded, “Sidney is a complete nut. No one will work with her. Ditto with Rudy [Giuliani].”
                  • In multiple instances, Fox News executives and hosts expressed worry over the matter and started to crack down on those at the network who fact-checked election lies — even as the messages show that Fox News’ chief political anchor, Bret Baier, pushed for such fact checks. In one case, after White House correspondent Jacqui Heinrich fact-checked a Trump tweet pushing election fraud, Carlson said he wanted her fired.
                  • In answering questions from Dominion's attorneys under oath, former Fox Business host Lou Dobbs said he had never "seen any verifiable, tangible support" that Dominion was owned by a second voting-tech company Smartmatic. Yet that claim was repeatedly said on air by Fox hosts and guests. Dobbs also said he was aware of no evidence that Dominion rigged the election, according to Dominion's legal filings.
                  Really damning stuff, all made up to protect the vanity of a clown and to continue to appease their brainwashed viewers.

Comment

One of the few sane Republicans, Larry Hogan, will not run for president in 2024.

Comment

Former Arkansas Governor Asa Hutchinson has announced his already doomed candidacy for the GOP nod.

Comment

Environmental lawyer and anti-vaccine activist Robert F. Kennedy Jr. has filed paperwork with the Federal Election Commission to run for president in 2024 as a Democrat.

The filing was confirmed Wednesday by his campaign treasurer, John E. Sullivan. Kennedy will officially announce his candidacy on April 19 in Boston, his campaign said.

The 69-year-old is the son of former New York senator, US attorney general and assassinated 1968 presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy and the nephew of the late President John F. Kennedy.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Imaging being so butthurt that you’re willing to destroy your state’s tourism to own the libs
                          Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis on Monday threatened to build a state prison next to Walt Disney World as payback for the company's attempt to circumvent the authority of his oversight board.

Comment

Jury finds Donald Trump liable for sexually abusing and then defaming E.Jean Carroll. There's your GOP front-runner, folks!

Comment

Meatball Ron makes it official with a disastrous botched opening address on Twitter with Elon Musk. Maybe Elon shouldn't have fired all those engineers after all?

Comment

Both Chris Christie & Mike Pence make it official

Comment

Working...
                                X