Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you move to an area that didn't fit you politically?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
    It would certainly explain Johnny Dickshot's staunchly conservative views.
    and just to be clear, Johnny Dickshot has never bought a fascist pillow, nor dined on chickens that discriminate in any manner.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    ---------------------------------------------
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      and just to be clear, Johnny Dickshot has never bought a fascist pillow, nor dined on chickens that discriminate in any manner.
      I don’t think the pillow itself is fascist.

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
        I don’t think the pillow itself is fascist.
        Just a little soft in the head.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

And another article. Looks like I started a trend!

America is growing more geographically polarized — red ZIP codes are getting redder and blue ZIP codes are becoming bluer. People appear to be sorting.

Comment

Red states are falling over themselves to not only ban abortion but to criminalize it - Texas just arrested a woman for supposedly participating in an abortion, although details seem sketchy still, even though it was 100% clear the government had no right to arrest on that basis. This state, beset by religious fanatics and right wing scumbags, puts bounties on people who participate in something that's been legal for 50 years. Oklahoma just essentially banned abortion. Florida's governor, announcing from a church of course, just put forth an onerous abortion bill. Texas' governor is purposefully holding up transportation coming in from Mexico for supposed "safety checks" so they can fuck the economy and blame resultant inflation on the party currently in power. Tennessee has government officials putting forth Adolph Hitler as inspiration for those who want to overcome homelessness. Texas' voter suppression efforts, based on the Big Lie put forth by the most prolific liar of my lifetime, were very successful - mail-in ballots which were previously rejected at a rate of about 1% or so are now being rejected at a rate of 13%. Guess whose votes are being rejected?

These red states are in a death spiral of lies, deceit, and crooked religious nutjobs. The blue states by and large fund these red states, too. I wouldn't have moved to a red state before - it's only getting worse now. Banning books, don't say gay, attacks on trans people, palling around with white supremacists, accusing everyone even SCOTUS nominees of being complicit in pedophilia (WTF), ridiculous culture war crap about CRT that isn't even taught, candidates built solely off of lies and deceit like Herschel Walker and Dr. Oz. Bad stuff.
            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Yesterday, went with the kids to Costco and some douchebag with a MAGA hat and holstered pistol on his hip was walking around like he owned the place.

Comment

Republicans are deliberately sabotaging the supply chain in Texas as a political stunt to harm our economy and citizens so they can lay the fault at the feet of Democrats. Always operating in bad faith. I feel terrible for blue voters stuck there.
                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                  Republicans are deliberately sabotaging the supply chain in Texas as a political stunt to harm our economy and citizens so they can lay the fault at the feet of Democrats. Always operating in bad faith. I feel terrible for blue voters stuck there.
                  These shenanigans are not only immoral, they are also unconstitutional. World class sketchball AG Ken Paxton just announced that this is all just a ploy to force the Biden Administration to "work on border security". Unconstitutional to the extreme, not like these people care much about that, I suppose.

Comment

These shenanigans are not only immoral, they are also unconstitutional. World class sketchball AG Ken Paxton just announced that this is all just a ploy to force the Biden Administration to "work on border security". Unconstitutional to the extreme, not like these people care much about that, I suppose.
                    Plus, when they're doing these sham "inspections" -- which BTW, GOP business owners are furious with -- they're not finding any 'stowaways' but are indeed ticketing the drivers for minor infractions. Can Beto beat this schlub?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                      Can Beto beat this schlub?
                      Sadly, no.
                      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                        Sadly, no.
                        Polls have Abbott up 10 points on O'Rourke right now.

Also from the same link with said poll is the following:

Texans’ trust in the political system continues to show signs of extensive erosion, including indications of decayed assessments of how democracy is working and expectations of more political violence to come. More specifically, significant shares of Texans – despite the overwhelming preponderance of publicly available evidence to the contrary – believe that the results of the 2020 presidential election confirmed by election officials and/or legislatures in every state in the Union (and multiple courts of law) is not legitimate, and that the violent disruption of the Constitutional process of ratifying that result was not an attempt to overturn the election

Heads completely up asses.

Comment

"View of January 6th. Perceptions of what happened on January 6th, 2021 remain sharply divided, with 82% of Democrats agreeing with the statement, “Protesters who entered the United States Capitol last January 6th were attempting to overturn the results of the 2020 election,” and 62% of Republicans disagreeing."

So WTF were they trying to do? Was it just a coincidence that January 6th was the day Congress was confirming the Electoral College results and they just so happened to be at a "Stop the Steal" rally?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                            "View of January 6th. Perceptions of what happened on January 6th, 2021 remain sharply divided, with 82% of Democrats agreeing with the statement, “Protesters who entered the United States Capitol last January 6th were attempting to overturn the results of the 2020 election,” and 62% of Republicans disagreeing."

So WTF were they trying to do? Was it just a coincidence that January 6th was the day Congress was confirming the Electoral College results and they just so happened to be at a "Stop the Steal" rally?
                            My father-in-law believes that January 6th was a false flag operation by Antifa. At least the violent parts of it. Seriously.
                            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                              My father-in-law believes that January 6th was a false flag operation by Antifa. At least the violent parts of it. Seriously.
                              And all the now hundreds of successful prosecutions were.....um.....part of the false flag operation? Or maybe those convicted were secretly Anitfa? Sheesh.

Comment

And all the now hundreds of successful prosecutions were.....um.....part of the false flag operation? Or maybe those convicted were secretly Anitfa? Sheesh.
                                You have no idea how deep the deep state goes. You’re not ready to understand.

Comment

Working...
                                X