MLB Moves 2021 All Star Game out of Georgia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB Moves 2021 All Star Game out of Georgia

....to protest the passing of Georgia's voter suppression bill.

Originally posted by revo View Post
    So are GA GOPs gonna boycott Baseball now?
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      I'm surprised that MLB did this...but I'm proud of them for taking this stance.
      2021 Auction Anatomy
      2021 Keeper Decisions
      2020 Auction Anatomy
      2020 Pre-Auction
      2015 Auction Anatomy
      2014 Auction Anatomy
      2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
      RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
        So are all GOPs gonna boycott Baseball now?
        Fixed

The guy I used to sit next to at work was a huuuuuuuge Seahawks fan. After Colin K. He gave up watching any NFL games.
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        ---------------------------------------------
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
          So are GA GOPs gonna boycott Baseball now?
          I don't think so. Because only namby pamby liberals would ever boycott anything. That's just the "cancel culture" from the left, no??????

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
            I don't think so. Because only namby pamby liberals would ever boycott anything. That's just the "cancel culture" from the left, no??????
            I always wondered how Liberals could be namby pamby tree huggers singing Kumbaya and at the same time be dangerously violent antifa cleve enough to run the deepstate from the basement of a pizza joint.

We sure are some versatile folks!
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

This does create quite the dilemma for the racist baseball fan. Which side do they choose?
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

and now a GA Lawmaker introduces a bill to remove MLBs anti trust status and in related bullshittery, another GA lawmaker is trying to take back Deltas tax breaks after the CEO criticized the Suppression bill.

Oh what the GOP has become--it's embarrassing.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                  Fixed

The guy I used to sit next to at work was a huuuuuuuge Seahawks fan. After Colin K. He gave up watching any NFL games.
                  I haven't watched an NFL game (not even the Super Bowl or NFL Network) nor played fantasy football since Kaep's last season.

(Actually, that's not true. A few years ago I was visiting family for the holidays and talking with my father-in-law who had the game on. On another occasion, we were visiting friends who are huge Cowboys fans and of course the game was on.)
                  2021 Auction Anatomy
                  2021 Keeper Decisions
                  2020 Auction Anatomy
                  2020 Pre-Auction
                  2015 Auction Anatomy
                  2014 Auction Anatomy
                  2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                  RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

And so begins the courtship of MLB by big league cities to host the game.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Alicia Gwynn is organizing a Bring the AS Game to Petco Park drive.

Why not?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Kansas City makes a lot of sense, they could really drive home the point by highlighting the Negro League HOF located in KC.
                        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                          Kansas City makes a lot of sense, they could really drive home the point by highlighting the Negro League HOF located in KC.
                          Except Missouri also has voter suppression bills circulating in the state legislature.

Comment

Barack Obama on Saturday congratulated the league "for taking a stand on behalf of voting rights for all citizens."

Donald Trump on Friday called for a boycott of baseball and all of the "woke companies that are interfering with free and fair elections."

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I guess Diaper Don thinks that boycotting baseball will make America great again.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X