No announcement yet.

President Joseph Biden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He cares about their votes and influence, which someone accurately noted is much greater than their actual numbers.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      He cares about their votes and influence, which someone accurately noted is much greater than their actual numbers.
      True, but also a lot different from what you posted earlier. Joe is looking out for Joe. Not that difficult to understand
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
        True, but also a lot different from what you posted earlier. Joe is looking out for Joe. Not that difficult to understand
        No, my point was the union leadership - from a political POV - no longer represents those in the union. It's true in most blue collar unions today. Manchin is appealing to the voters, not union leadership.

Comment

No, my point was the union leadership - from a political POV - no longer represents those in the union. It's true in most blue collar unions today. Manchin is appealing to the voters, not union leadership.
          Possibly. Most poll results I looked at showed a majority of West Virginians supporting passage of the bill. He could be concerned with voter backlash, but that doesnt seem likely what is motivating him in this instance
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Possibly. Most poll results I looked at showed a majority of West Virginians supporting passage of the bill. He could be concerned with voter backlash, but that doesnt seem likely what is motivating him in this instance
            Close to 50% of people support passage of the bill. We do not know what is motivating j.manchin

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
              Close to 50% of people support passage of the bill. We do not know what is motivating j.manchin
              Check the FORENSICS

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                Check the FORENSICS

They really do not tweet very often and it's almost always retweets.

Comment

https://mobile.twitter.com/cyberninjas?lang=en

They really do not tweet very often and it's almost always retweets.
                  Too busy running FORENSICS
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Per a recent interview with ABC’s David Muir, President Biden stated he will run again in 2024 if in good health.

I suspect 1 Tim 2:1-4 will be a popular sermon topic this week in many evangelical churches.

Comment

Per a recent interview with ABC’s David Muir, President Biden stated he will run again in 2024 if in good health.

I suspect 1 Tim 2:1-4 will be a popular sermon topic this week in many evangelical churches.
                      I would be willing to wager that he's not the Dem nominee in '24. I don't believe any Dem will primary him, but I would guess he finds a way not to run.

Comment

Per a recent interview with ABC’s David Muir, President Biden stated he will run again in 2024 if in good health.

And for the Jews among us....who is Tim? And what does he have to say on the topic?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                          I would be willing to wager that he's not the Dem nominee in '24. I don't believe any Dem will primary him, but I would guess he finds a way not to run.
                          I think he would get primaried. I don't really think Biden was people's favorite, but they saw him as a means to an end to get rid of Trump with the most cross-over appeal and it turned out to be right, thanks to all that MASSIVE VOTER FRAUD. I don't see much of an appetite for four more years of Biden. It will not surprise me if he loses in a primary even as an incumbent. That being said, I agree that he ultimately decides not to run at all.

Comment

I think he would get primaried. I don't really think Biden was people's favorite, but they saw him as a means to an end to get rid of Trump with the most cross-over appeal and it turned out to be right, thanks to all that MASSIVE VOTER FRAUD. I don't see much of an appetite for four more years of Biden. It will not surprise me if he loses in a primary even as an incumbent. That being said, I agree that he ultimately decides not to run at all.
                            j.biden ?
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

j.biden ?
                              Sorry, f.slasher, you are correct. j.biden.

Comment

The problem with that - although not an incorrect opinion -- is that it's been proven when the sitting president gets a serious primary challenger, his party loses the election. It's undefeated, actually:

1952 - Truman vs Kefauver -- Kefauver wins NH, Truman drops out, Ike wins the job
                                1968 - Eugene McCarthy & RFK primary LBJ, who wins NH but by a small margin and then drops out. Nixon wins
                                1976 - Reagan takes Ford the distance. Carter wins
                                1980 - Edward Kennedy beats Carter in a number of big states. Carter loses to Reagan
                                1992 - Pat Buchanan made it a race vs Bush Sr, opening up for Perot in the general. Clinton beats them both

I would think the Dems are smart enough to know this, and so it would make sense to convince j.biden to declare he's out, or throw their full support behind him.

BTW, I thoroughly enjoyed political science pre-TFG. Now instead of analyzing why candidates win or lose, it just boils down to either the GOP 'rightfully' wins or "the Dems cheated".

Comment

Working...
                                X