X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nots
    replied
    Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    I never said I supported 70% tax bracket. I simply pointed out that both sides will be putting their own spin on it.

No argument there

Leave a comment:

• nots
    replied
    Originally posted by DMT View Post
    I was responding (and referring) to BG but way to assume it's all about you.
    Well since you quoted me (with graph) in posts 379 and 383, yeah I am going to assume you were talking to me. Funny that.

Leave a comment:

• The Feral Slasher
    replied
    Originally posted by nots View Post
    I strongly disagree with a 70% tax rate, but if you think you have the votes, have at it. I think the top bracket should be somewhere in the 40s.
    I never said I supported 70% tax bracket. I simply pointed out that both sides will be putting their own spin on it.

Leave a comment:

• DMT
    replied
    Again, I didn’t say anything about the tax code being unfair to the rich, though I do appreciate your attempt to quickly move the goalposts onyour 91% tax rate fallacy.
    I was responding (and referring) to BG but way to assume it's all about you.

Leave a comment:

• nots
    replied
    It's also silly to pretend that anyone would actually pay 70% or that proposing a 70% tax bracket is equivalent to communism, but you know that is how this is being spun (not by you,just in general)
    I strongly disagree with a 70% tax rate, but if you think you have the votes, have at it. I think the top bracket should be somewhere in the 40s.

Leave a comment:

• The Feral Slasher
    replied
    Graph is included in the article. Looks like 36 or 37%.
    Not saying the richest folks shouldn’t pay some more. But citing the 91% without context is silly.
    It's also silly to pretend that anyone would actually pay 70% or that proposing a 70% tax bracket is equivalent to communism, but you know that is how this is being spun (not by you,just in general)

Leave a comment:

• nots
    replied
    No what's silly is talking about our tax code being unfair to the rich given the unmistakable trend of increasing inequality.

Again, I didn’t say anything about the tax code being unfair to the rich, though I do appreciate your attempt to quickly move the goalposts onyour 91% tax rate fallacy.

Leave a comment:

• DMT
    replied
    Not saying the richest folks shouldn’t pay some more. But citing the 91% without context is silly.
    No what's silly is talking about our tax code being unfair to the rich given the unmistakable trend of increasing inequality.

Leave a comment:

• nots
    replied
    So is even a 5.6% decline justifiable when income inequality is rising?

I didn’t say it was..,I just refuted your snarky Eisenhower 91% comment. If you want to have a real discussion, let’s have at it. If you want to post Huff Post talking points without context, you’re just being a troll.

Leave a comment:

• nots
    replied
    What do the 1% pay now ?

Leave a comment:

• The Feral Slasher
    replied
    Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
    I understand that we have a difference of opinion regarding this. I will continue to make jokes about it - and you can continue to call it nonsense.
    every day when i drive in to work i wonder, why do i live in a country that treats its billionaires so poorly ? What is wrong with us ?

Leave a comment:

• DMT
    replied
    I have posted this before, but the 91% is totally misleading.
    Richest 1% paid about 42% effective tax rate when the rate was 91%.
    https://taxfoundation.org/taxes-rich-1950-not-high/
    So is even a 5.6% decline justifiable when income inequality is rising?

Leave a comment:

• nots
    replied
    Folks complaining about their $20,000 property taxes and state income tax no longer being deductible make me laugh.....who exactly should be paying more if not those folks?

Leave a comment:

• The Feral Slasher
    replied
    I have posted this before, but the 91% is totally misleading.
    Richest 1% paid about 42% effective tax rate when the rate was 91%.
    https://taxfoundation.org/taxes-rich-1950-not-high/
    What do the 1% pay now ?

Leave a comment:

• baldgriff
    replied
    Repeating this nonsense doesn't make it any more credible.
    I understand that we have a difference of opinion regarding this. I will continue to make jokes about it - and you can continue to call it nonsense.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X