Waiver Help - Week 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiver Help - Week 7

Just a couple of small waiver questions. Just trying to fine tune my roster.

1. I have Gronk and have been waiting for him to come back. In the meantime, would you drop Fleener (vs DEN) for any of the following TEs?

Rudolph at NYG
    T. Wright at ATL
    J. Reed vs CHI

2. Would you drop Dan Bailey (at PHI) for any of the following kickers (who have all had their bye weeks)?

Crosby vs CLE
    M. Bryant vs TB
    Sturgis vs BUF

3. Would you drop Freeman or B. Brown for any of this weeks hot waiver wire guys?

Powell vs NE
    Jacobs vs MIN
    J. Randle at PHI
    R. Randle vs MIN
    K. Wright vs SF
    Douglas vs TB
    LaFell vs STL
    Durham vs CIN
    Boykin vs CLE

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by jwlincy; 10-16-2013, 02:05 PM.
    14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
    RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
    WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
    TE: Olsen (NA)
    K: Lutz (7)
    DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Fleener has been the definition of stone hands. I slightly prefer Reed at this point.

I would drop Bailey for Crosby or Bryant especially since it puts the bye in the rear view

No idea how Powell is a FA. That's nuts. I'd drop Brown unless there are an abundance if QBs you could go to for the Eagles bye, then I'd drop freeman

Comment

Originally posted by Trautdiggity View Post
      Fleener has been the definition of stone hands. I slightly prefer Reed at this point.

I would drop Bailey for Crosby or Bryant especially since it puts the bye in the rear view

No idea how Powell is a FA. That's nuts. I'd drop Brown unless there are an abundance if QBs you could go to for the Eagles bye, then I'd drop freeman
      Alex, would you still drop B. Brown if you were the McCoy owner? I hate carrying handcuffs but Brown looked good last year after Shady got hurt.

Comment

1) No - I still like Fleener's upside for targets
        2) Depends on weather in Philly - the good part about starting a kicker vs Philly is their hi-tempo offense leads to more possessions for both teams, and more possessions for both teams means more kicker points in theory
        3) I'd drop both for Powell (agree w/Trautdiggity) and Douglas (somebody has to catch some passes in Atl, and Douglas seems to do fairly well on possessions that he is in the game; now that he'll be in for more, I see some good upside here) .

Comment

I also don't think B. Brown has looked nearly as good as a handcuff this year in the new offense.

Comment

Originally posted by jwlincy View Post
            Alex, would you still drop B. Brown if you were the McCoy owner? I hate carrying handcuffs but Brown looked good last year after Shady got hurt.
            Id much rather own the guy who is doing it than the guy who could do it IF someone else gets hurt. Like I said, if QBs are abundant I'd drop freeman but I'm guessing they're not since you own freeman.

Comment

Originally posted by Trautdiggity View Post
              Id much rather own the guy who is doing it than the guy who could do it IF someone else gets hurt. Like I said, if QBs are abundant I'd drop freeman but I'm guessing they're not since you own freeman.
              Bradford, T. Lewis, Glennon, Weeding, Henne & Fitzpatrick are the QBs that are on the waiver wire.

I grabbed Freeman after he signed with Minnesota because I figured that he'd be starting soon. Minnesota has a favorable SOS the rest of the season (including Week 12 when Vick & Foles are on bye.

Comment

IM actually planing to drop Fleener for Wright first and Reed second - Wright first because RG3 basically never targets his TEs, especially in the Red Zone. Meanwhile Wright is becoming a major target for Glennon, who isnt going anywhere - even if he hasnt caught a TD yet, he is getting a ton of targets (more than Reed). I dont have a shot at Rudolph, but his QB play is the most suspect.

I would also make a run at Randle....both of them.

Comment

I had the #7 waiver claim and didn't get a chance to Powell, Rudolph, J. Randle or Jacobs. I ended up getting Crosby to replace Bailey because Crosby has already had his bye and is the top scoring kicker in our league. I also got Jordan Reed to replace Fleener because he's sucked in 3 out of 5 games since he became the sole starter. Reed isn't anything special but he's been consistent (scoring 6 or more points in all 4 games this year).

I also grabbed Ruben Randle to add some WR depth.

Comment

Working...
                  X