Rodney Harrison = CLOWN!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
    So because I never agree with you means I'm always wrong and you are always right? I'm not out to get you, like you might think. I just voice my opinion same as you do. You yourself said you consider eldiablo to be a very smart poster but you've dismissed his opinion and now you are using complete strangers' comments, most of which I assume are trolling comments at the end of an article. Solid plan.
    Nice twisting of words, as usual Bucky. I simply said to Stephen that because the RJ posters disagreed with me on this subject that my views were not necessarily wrong.

And why can't i use someone else's comments that i agree with. and because i do they are a troll's comment? Every comment on the web is made by a troll? or only the ones i choose to agree with?

I know you aren't out to get me, but you really go out of your way to criticize me.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

I heard Harrison talking on the radio about this just a couple of days ago. He was pretty measured about it. Said he knew the positives that football brought him in life. He said he understood the president's statements about that if he had kids he would have to think hard about allowing them to play football, but said that kids need to make that decision for themselves. He lauded the league for the efforts it was making now to make the game safer but said that as a player you just don't think about it while you are in the moment. Players are making plays and the onus to make things safer is on the league. I think a lot of what he was saying was aimed at educating players about the risks of the game. He said he never thought about having 30 more years after football where he would want to be a good family man and productive member of his community. Clown is about the farthest thought I had while listening to him.
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
        I heard Harrison talking on the radio about this just a couple of days ago. He was pretty measured about it. Said he knew the positives that football brought him in life. He said he understood the president's statements about that if he had kids he would have to think hard about allowing them to play football, but said that kids need to make that decision for themselves. He lauded the league for the efforts it was making now to make the game safer but said that as a player you just don't think about it while you are in the moment. Players are making plays and the onus to make things safer is on the league. I think a lot of what he was saying was aimed at educating players about the risks of the game. He said he never thought about having 30 more years after football where he would want to be a good family man and productive member of his community. Clown is about the farthest thought I had while listening to him.
        This is why I don't respond to Mith's threads.

Comment

Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
          But you just did.
          I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
            And I am grateful for that.
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
              But you just did.
              Dammit! :foul:

Comment

Based on what I have read: Harrison should have come out and admitted that he was a headhunter who hit opponents with his helmet, a player who tried in inflict maximum pain on his opponents and realized that that is the reason for his medical ailments. Instead he only blames the NFL for not doing enough. He abdicates his own responsibility for his present condition and that's why he is a clown. Like so many he wants to lay blame elsewhere and take no responsibility for his actions.

If he has admitted that his style of playing led to his condition, I haven't read or heard that. And if the NFL had indeed been more upfront about concussions would he have changed his style of play? I doubt it.

Comment

Okay.
                  I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
                  X