No announcement yet.

Fantasy Football Mock Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Martin is definitely worth a first round pick next year, the question is where, given all the other talent out there. 1.03 is probably the highest we'll see him go, barring any bad news about Peterson or Foster.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Well, he was the #2 overall RB this year as a rookie and in addition to almost 1500 yds rushing had 50 receptions, so I don't see how he's not a Top 5 pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
        Agreed. If its cool with all lets go PPR 12 teams redraft with standard lineups and scoring.
        What is a "standard lineup"? QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, Flex, K, D/ST?

Comment

Thats fin except lets go 3WR in place of 2 WR and a flex.
          After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
            Martin is definitely worth a first round pick next year, the question is where, given all the other talent out there. 1.03 is probably the highest we'll see him go, barring any bad news about Peterson or Foster.
            I agree with Erik here. I like Martin, but taking him over Ray Rice in a PPR seems a little much.

Yes, I realized he outscored Rice in total points, but his consistency was 81% versus Rice's 88%.

I think Martin easily goes Top 7 in most PPR drafts in 2013.

Comment

Given the emergence of new first-round caliber RBs this year, Megatron is the only WR that is a lock for the first round. Again, the question is where. A good case can be made for 1.05, since, while he probably won't top his 2012 yardage, there's a good chance he scores more TDs and thus doesn't lose any fantasy value. If you're picking at 1.05, would you rather have Megatron and a second-round-caliber RB, or a first-round-caliber RB and a second-round-caliber WR?

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                Given the emergence of new first-round caliber RBs this year, Megatron is the only WR that is a lock for the first round. Again, the question is where. A good case can be made for 1.05, since, while he probably won't top his 2012 yardage, there's a good chance he scores more TDs and thus doesn't lose any fantasy value. If you're picking at 1.05, would you rather have Megatron and a second-round-caliber RB, or a first-round-caliber RB and a second-round-caliber WR?
                I just can't bring myself to draft Megatron this high.

I could probably do it later in the first round, but there are too many wide receivers that are close to Megatron in total points and consistency.

Last year, there were 5 WRs tied with Megatron in consistency at 81% and one better.

Comment

I don't think we'll know what McCoy's perceived fantasy value will be until the Eagles hire a new coach. How much will the new coach (or his OC if he's a defensive guy) want to run the ball, and how much work will he want to give Bryce Brown?

Working in his favor is the the O-Line situation can't possibly be any worse than it was in 2012. The Eagles lost four of the five projected 2012 starters to injury in the offseason or during the season.

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post
                    I agree with Erik here. I like Martin, but taking him over Ray Rice in a PPR seems a little much.

Yes, I realized he outscored Rice in total points, but his consistency was 81% versus Rice's 88%.

I think Martin easily goes Top 7 in most PPR drafts in 2013.
                    Martin outrushed Rice by 300+ yards and had 2 more rushing TDs, and they both had a similar amount of receptions and receiving yards. Martin is in a rush-first offense and had 60 more carries than Rice. I know Martin had two massive games that can't be depended upon, but Rice is no longer the HR hitter in the Ravens' style of offense.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                      Martin outrushed Rice by 300+ yards and had 2 more rushing TDs, and they both had a similar amount of receptions and receiving yards. Martin is in a rush-first offense and had 60 more carries than Rice. I know Martin had two massive games that can't be depended upon, but Rice is no longer the HR hitter in the Ravens' style of offense.
                      Counterpoints: The Ravens fired their OC late in the season, in part because he wasn't using Rice enough. And football stats are so volatile from year-to-year that you can't assume something that happened in 2012 (Martin getting more carries and yards and TDs than Rice) will happen again in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                        Yeah, I hear what you're saying...but boy it's tough to sit at the #3 spot and take Martin over Rice. Rice has proven his consistency year after year. Martin has only played one season....based on that alone, I would take Rice ahead of Martin at #3.

Comment

For me, the 6 spot is the initial dropoff point.

I would like to think that the Eagles will be hiring a coach that actually uses McCoy, moreover, I think Bryce Brown can do some of the dirty work to keep him fresh. Ultimately I was left deciding between McCoy and Spiller at this point, and with so much to be determined I opted for the guy I have seen do it a couple years in a row.

7 months from now I might want Spiller, or Lynch...or even Charles. I think you could make a case for a handful of guys at this spot, and I haven't even talked about a QB due mostly to my general draft approach.

Comment

I agree with Hammer re Charles. He will have the McCoy-Westbrook role in Andy Reid's offense, and that has always meant fantasy gold, especially in PPR.

Comment

Originally posted by JDII View Post
                              7 months from now I might want Spiller, or Lynch...or even Charles.
                              It will be fun to look at these results over the summer and see how much the perception of players' draft value has changed. Things tend to get shaken up a bit after the draft and free agency.

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post
                                Yeah, I hear what you're saying...but boy it's tough to sit at the #3 spot and take Martin over Rice. Rice has proven his consistency year after year. Martin has only played one season....based on that alone, I would take Rice ahead of Martin at #3.
                                I totally understand where you and Erik are coming from, but to me Rice has fallen from a question for the #1 overall pick to a nice, safe choice. I'd like to think (and predict) that Martin is a better choice because of his offense will guarantee him the touches, his pass catching ability, and his HR hitting ability.

Comment

Working...
                                X