Fantasy Football Mock Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eldiablo505
    If your ranking system puts up a different WR ahead of Megatron, there's something not right. He's far and away the best WR and this being a PPR he is even more clearly the #1 WR.

He has no question marks at all. He's young, he has a gunslinger QB, he has no running game to compete with, and he's put up these massive stats for two years now.

You're essentially saying that he had three "sub par" games and shouldn't be drafted at 5th but Ray Rice had five (or six if you count the last week) and should be drafted at #6? I don't know about that. I think Megatron is an absolute slam dunk, which is exactly what you want out of your first rounder. The only other guys you can say are absolute slam dunks are Foster and AP and they went 1-2.
    No, I'm not putting any WR ahead of Calvin. I'm just saying that Calvin isn't worth a pick that early when you have many other WR's like Demaryius Thomas (he had 14 QG's), Brandon Marshall, Dez Bryant, A.J. Green and Reggie Wayne all tied Calvin with 13 Quality Games.

I'd much rather grab a top RB at #5 overall before Calvin.

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post
      No, I'm not putting any WR ahead of Calvin. I'm just saying that Calvin isn't worth a pick that early when you have many other WR's like Demaryius Thomas (he had 14 QG's), Brandon Marshall, Dez Bryant, A.J. Green and Reggie Wayne all tied Calvin with 13 Quality Games.

I'd much rather grab a top RB at #5 overall before Calvin.
      Does your consistency theory take into account fantasy points scored over baseline? Because Reggie Wayne, for the surprisingly great season he had, scored 30% lower than Calvin in a PPR format. I don't see how you can compare the two.

Comment

The top RBs are all gone (except one) and none are as reliable as Megatron. You probably shouldn't name drop before a player gets picked, either.
        Yeah I know...(about the name-dropping), but since this is a Mock...I wasn't too concerned.....just trying to support my point.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
          Does your consistency theory take into account fantasy points scored over baseline? Because Reggie Wayne, for the surprisingly great season he had, scored 30% lower than Calvin in a PPR format. I don't see how you can compare the two.

Yes, the baseline for WR's is around 11 points per game in a PPR format. And all of them broke that barrier 13 times during the season.

I (personally) wouldn't take Calvin at #5 because of the number of WR's that are comparable. I'm not saying ElD is wrong with picking him, just saying that I wouldn't have.

Comment

Spiller was the worst pick ive seen in a first round mock. Ever!!!!

Loved the pick. He was my second choice to Charles.
            After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
              Spiller was the worst pick ive seen in a first round mock. Ever!!!!

Loved the pick. He was my second choice to Charles.
              Yeah, was hoping to nab Spiller at 9. Maybe Marrone will actually use the guy.

Comment

Marshawn Lynch was the guy I considered taking instead of Megatron.
                Yeah, I was wrestling between Spiller and Lynch and the potential of Spiller won out for me. He's just waiting to explode on every play, and if he's got a coordinator who can actually use him right, look out.

I'm also a Martin guy in this little debate...I'll take a young guy toting the rock 300 times over an old guy every day. I think that Rice is on his way down...not fast, but more than enough to tip the scales for me.
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

I think we're at the next point of "could go anywhere."

To me, AP and Foster are the obvious 1-2. Then Martin/Rice/McCoy/Charles/Spiller/Lynch are the next tier of RB in some order, and Calvin is in a class by himself at WR. So that's a top 9 that's pretty clear cut based on what we now know. The 10th pick could go in any direction.
                  Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                  We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Alfred Morris is a good pick, but I can't help but have nagging questions about him because:
                    1) he plays for Mike Shanahan
                    2) he doesn't catch the ball
                    3) he literally came out of nowhere
                    4) he plays for Mike Shanahan

Still, 1,600 yards as a rookie taken in the 6th round?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                      Alfred Morris is a good pick, but I can't help but have nagging questions about him because:
                      1) he plays for Mike Shanahan
                      2) he doesn't catch the ball
                      3) he literally came out of nowhere
                      4) he plays for Mike Shanahan

Still, 1,600 yards as a rookie taken in the 6th round?
                      Yeah, the Shanahan scares me a little....but he stuck with him all season even when he had a few down weeks in mid-season.

So, my thought is that he's secure with him in that role. Plus, they really don't have much behind him....Evan Royster?

Comment

Most of the time in Denver, Shanahan did stick with a back when he found one, they just kept getting injured (or traded, in the case of Portis). His final years in Denver and his first years in Washington, no one did well enough to satisfy him, so he pulled all kinds of RBBC nonsense. But now he has found a back again and he'll stick with him. My concern about Morris is whether he'll be as effective if RG3 is out or hobbled and unable to be much of a running threat.

Comment

Richardson actually was a big factor in two of my teams that were underwhelming on paper making the playoffs. He was very reliable, especially in PPR formats, despite all his injuries. If he has better luck with health, he could be a total beast. In one league I can keep him in lieu of a late 1st round pick, and I plan to.

Comment

Morris was great but i find him to be a gamble in round one and i dont gamble in round one.

Richardson was very good and toughed out the ribs issue but he looked more like a grinder than an explosive back. Maybe because of the ribs.
                            After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

It was between Morris and Richardson, trust me.

Comment

"Who should be the second WR off the board after Megatron" is another topic that will get a lot of discussion. If the Bears can fix their O-Line, watch out.

Comment

Working...
                                X