2K12: Julio Jones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K12: Julio Jones

JJ is rising up draft boards quicker than any player I recall.......many sites have him as high as the 2nd overall WR, and a borderline 1st rounder. But he may not even be the WR1 on his own team!

He had 54 catches for 959 yards in just 13 games last year, and those stats combined with his massive pre-season has the mancrushery rising. Everyone expects Jones to surpass Roddy White, but will that truly be the case?

I'll go with 75 catches for 1,275 yards and 11 TDs, making him a solid 2nd rounder.

I think White > Jones in PPR, but Jones > White in non-PPR. Both are worth taking in the 2nd or 3rd.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

The only thing that I know is that Jones essentially missed five, maybe games last year and still came withing a whisker of a thousand yard season. He also had 8 TD's...In my home league where I have the coveted 12th pick in a 12 team non-ppr draft, I'm taking him and walking away smiling. Provided no ******** screw is up for me...

And remember, last year he was going on raw talent with no OTA's and limited pre-season...now he's got lots of reps under his belt and a new offense to boot.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Not sure how we can ignore the preseason where Julio was targeted WAY more than Roddy. Ryan is locked in on him and he's much more of a physical mismatch for corners at this point. Can't understand publications/sites that have AJ (who is 31 with his own health risks) and Fitzgerald (no QB yet again so much lower ceiling) ranked higher. Also like to have players in domes and couple that with an offense moving to pass first and I'll put my chips in for sure.

I think Revo's projections are fair though would not be surprised with > 90 catches since I expect the targets this year between Roddy and JJ to be more split whereas last year Roddy had almost 2x.

Comment

Last year, he was a top 20 wideout in most fantasy scoring systems (959 yards and 8 TD's). With White and Gonzalez still in the fold and with Atlanta's uptempo passing offense, Jones should be good for 1,150 yards and 9 TD's. Agreed that the hype on this guy is getting ridiculous but I'd rather gamble on taking him too high than some others in the top 10 wideouts.

Comment

Working...
          X