No announcement yet.

Peyton Manning's career...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The first was actually in 2010. But the news is that he had a procedure sometime between May and September that wasn't previously reported.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports the Colts will end Peyton Manning's Indianapolis career on Wednesday.
      Manning and owner Jim Irsay will put their respective public relation campaigns aside and join forces at Wednesday's announcement that the Colts will decline the $28 million option. We see no "bad guy" in the breakup, just a natural changing of the guard for a rebuilding franchise. Mort reiterates that Manning "intends to continue to play" and will be a free agent. Manning's landing spot will continue to be the story of the offseason, with the Dolphins, Cardinals, Seahawks, Redskins, Chiefs, and Jets as potential destinations.
      Source: ESPN.com Mar 6 - 6:05 PM

One team source tells the Miami Herald the Dolphins are "very confident" they have a "good chance" to land Peyton Manning.

The Palm Beach Post also suggests the Dolphins believe they "might be the leaders of the pack at this point." As the Herald's Armando Salguero astutely points out, the Dolphins were also confident in landing Jim Harbaugh, Jeff Fisher, and playoff berths the past couple of years. Source: Miami Herald Mar 6 - 7:24 PM

Comment

I think Sanchez probably took more blame for the Jets' regression last season than he deserved, but it would not surprise me if the Jets take a very serious look at Manning, figuring that at worst he'd steal some attention from the champs and serve as a QB coach/mentor for Sanchez to watch and learn from for a year. The idea of the Manning brothers sharing the NY market would be catnip for the local and national media, as well.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
          I think Sanchez probably took more blame for the Jets' regression last season than he deserved, but it would not surprise me if the Jets take a very serious look at Manning, figuring that at worst he'd steal some attention from the champs and serve as a QB coach/mentor for Sanchez to watch and learn from for a year. The idea of the Manning brothers sharing the NY market would be catnip for the local and national media, as well.
          As one of the biggest free agents in NFL history, I can't imagine Manning signing a one-year contract anywhere. He'll get a similar deal to what he was going to have in Indy, so if he signs with the Jets, their next move would be to immediately ship Sanchez elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            As one of the biggest free agents in NFL history, I can't imagine Manning signing a one-year contract anywhere. He'll get a similar deal to what he was going to have in Indy, so if he signs with the Jets, their next move would be to immediately ship Sanchez elsewhere.
            If he wasn't coming off a season lost to injury with many doubting his ability to return to form, I might agree with you. But if I'm Peyton and I believe I can still be an elite QB, I'd take a one-year contract, prove it, and then sign a bigger deal the following year after proving to the league that I'm still an elite QB. If, by chance, that one year shows that I can't still be an elite QB, I'd retire.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
              If he wasn't coming off a season lost to injury with many doubting his ability to return to form, I might agree with you. But if I'm Peyton and I believe I can still be an elite QB, I'd take a one-year contract, prove it, and then sign a bigger deal the following year after proving to the league that I'm still an elite QB. If, by chance, that one year shows that I can't still be an elite QB, I'd retire.
              And give up tens of millions? Not a chance.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

His deal with the Colts was essentially a series of one-year deals, so that it would minimize the team's financial/cap hit if the neck problem proved too severe.

I suspect his next deal will be the same kind of thing. Football contracts are not like baseball contracts -- lots of fuzzy math in them.
                Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

He's going to play again, just an unfortunate situation in Indy. Irsay isn't a class act IMO. Not a fan of how it all went down.

Comment

Working...
                  X