Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revo View Post
    = Good game

omigod....unreal. Hats off to the Niners, I've thought of them all season long as the '84 Bears. A few more parts on offense and they're a dynasty. That defense is ferocious.

What can I say as a Giants fan? I mean, this was a team that even the most committed fan would have hoped for just a playoff berth, and now they're in their 5th SB (two of which were highly unpredicted). Just 5 weeks ago, Tom Coughlin and Perry Fewell were thinking about placing their homes on the market, and every NFL fan thought of the NFC East as a disappointment. Who would've thought that a team other than NO/GB would be here?

Eli, you da man, win or lose.
    Yes GG = good game. Nothing more needs to be said other than that really. This was an old fashioned kind of game and you guys came out on top. My hats off to the Giants and Eli.

My takes:
    1. I think our defensive and offensive lines we're superior to the Giants.
    2. We didn't run enough to create manageable 3rd downs. I think our big nasties we're really giving it to the Giants defensive line, especially during their NASCAR packages.
    3. The 10 point difference are the two Kyle Williams TOs.
    4. We lost out on two potential INTs and an Eli fumble.
    5. This loss is gonna hurt for awhile but we'll be back.
    6. I'll be cheering for the Giants come Super Bowl time.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
      I might have to take back what I said about Eli. That dude was just awesome against one of the better defenses to come along in a long time. He got sacked 6 times and knocked down an amazing 20 (!!!) times and still delivered the goods. Kid's pretty great.
      There was one play towards the end of the 4th quarter where the Niners were swarming around him, and he had the wherewithal to shoot it out to Bradshaw on the sideline, one second from getting decked by three of them at once. That play sticks in my mind as being one of the best I've ever seen by him.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        There was one play towards the end of the 4th quarter where the Niners were swarming around him, and he had the wherewithal to shoot it out to Bradshaw on the sideline, one second from getting decked by three of them at once. That play sticks in my mind as being one of the best I've ever seen by him.
        That was a great play, especially when they showed the view from field level, where you couldn't even see Bradshaw but Eli knew he was there and hit the intermediary, OPEN, target.

He hit Bradshaw with another short pass as he was in the process of getting drilled into ground after that....taking an hellacious hit but getting the good gain.

Hats off to Eli...
        I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
        You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
        "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
        It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Eli got drilled multiple times and kept his composure, you've got to tip your hat to him, 2 ST turnovers and at least 2 plays where the SF secondary took INTs from each other are tough to overcome when your offense isn't that good were the difference.
          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Working...
          X