X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's the MVP?

Brees, Rodgers, or Brady?

I'd go Rodgers, still pretty easily.

All were phenomenal, so let's get that out of the way. If there was a way to simply divide up the pie, this would be an ideal year to do it. But......Rodgers seemed to create his wins. He simply just found a guy open and nailed him. He had almost no running game. He had a crappy defense, so he needed 30+ points a week. It seemed like NO just piled on all year. If they played to win, Brees would have had 1,000 less yards.

And NE had a great, revolutionary scheme -- athletic Tight Ends. Go figure.

And at least NE & NO had solid runners, if they ever chose to use them. Brees had the unreal weapon of Sproles, which NO used remarkably well. But Rodgers just had his accurate arm and a deep ball.

To me, Rodgers wins in a landslide (not sure if they reveal NFL MVP voting), with Brees #2 on almost all ballots.

Comment

Brees overtook Rodgers in the final month IMO but I'd split my vote b/w the two if I had one.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Rodgers by a ton.

Comment

Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
          Rodgers by a ton.
          Nonsense
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I'm a Packers fan, admittedly. I'd like to see Rodgers win, but I'm much more interested in the Packers repeating this year. Let's put it this way; if Brees wins the MVP and the Packers win the Super Bowl, I won't be upset in the least.
            "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
            "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
              Nonsense
              The QB ratings aren't close. Putting that aside, as the worth of QB rating is debatable, Brees had more yards and a higher completion %. He had 1 more TD despite 155 more attempts than Rodgers. And he had 8 more interceptions. Rodgers also rushed for 171 more yards and 3 more TD's. And the Packers had a better record. The numbers speak for themselves. Brees had a phenomenal year, but not as phenomenal as the season Rodgers had.

Comment

Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                The QB ratings aren't close. Putting that aside, as the worth of QB rating is debatable, Brees had more yards and a higher completion %. He had 1 more TD despite 155 more attempts than Rodgers. And he had 8 more interceptions. Rodgers also rushed for 171 more yards and 3 more TD's. And the Packers had a better record. The numbers speak for themselves. Brees had a phenomenal year, but not as phenomenal as the season Rodgers had.
                If the numbers speak for themselves, Rodgers isn't even the best QB on the Packers.

Comment

Flynns performance did take a bit of the shine off of Rodgers season but I still think Rodgers efficiency along with the Packers going 15-1 with a statistically bottom 2 or 3 defense gives him the trophy.
                  After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                    Flynns performance did take a bit of the shine off of Rodgers season but I still think Rodgers efficiency along with the Packers going 15-1 with a statistically bottom 2 or 3 defense gives him the trophy.
                    Brady's defense is even worse and they are the best team in the AFC (said the Brady owner who won the fantasy championship this year). It's just when you watch Brady run the game, you just know he is the best player in the league.

Comment

I think it should go to Rodgers....but it's close....however, I think the NFL will play politically correct and award co-MVP's.

Hey, just my thoughts.

Gris

Comment

I'm going with Rodgers. I'm not swayed by Flynn's performance in week 17 - the Lions defense is B-A-D.

Comment

Rodgers and its not very close.
                          14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
                          RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
                          WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
                          TE: Olsen (NA)
                          K: Lutz (7)
                          DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post
                            I think it should go to Rodgers....but it's close....however, I think the NFL will play politically correct and award co-MVP's.

Hey, just my thoughts.

Gris
                            The NFL doesn't give out the MVP award. The Associated Press's MVP is the most widely accepted Award.

Comment

Barf, but....Peyton Manning.

Comment

Working...
                              X