The Colts' Bad Luck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Long John View Post
    Here's the thing though - Andrew Luck is just as likely to be Ryan Leaf as he is Peyton Manning.
    Here's the thing, the reason people are so gaga over Luck is that that's NOT true.

His grasp of how to run an offense is far better than any QB coming out of college that I can remember. There's always some chance that anyone can bust, but Luck has the highest floor of perhaps any QB prospect ever.

There is a chance he could end up like Leaf, but it's much, much less than 50/50.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      That's real risky for a number of reasons -- they could be passing up the next Manning, who's made them a perennial contender for 13 years now, after 25 useless seasons before him;
      1975, 1976, 1977, 1987, 1995 & 1996 were useless seasons for the Colts?

Comment

I am now convinced the Colts go 0-16.
        After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
          Here's the thing, the reason people are so gaga over Luck is that that's NOT true.

His grasp of how to run an offense is far better than any QB coming out of college that I can remember. There's always some chance that anyone can bust, but Luck has the highest floor of perhaps any QB prospect ever.

There is a chance he could end up like Leaf, but it's much, much less than 50/50.
          I thought Luck played well V Oregon but nothing near to the hype surrounding this kid. I realize the hype is impossible to live up to but I wasnt looking at him and saying to myself 'wow'.

I was saying that about the speed of the Oregon team though. Wow.
          After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by owned View Post
            1975, 1976, 1977, 1987, 1995 & 1996 were useless seasons for the Colts?
            My apologies -- 25 irrelevant seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
              I am now convinced the Colts go 0-16.
              If you can't put up a fight vs. Jacksonville, there's not much hope for you.

They were at least in games for the most part early on. They almost beat the Steelers, even. Now they look like the Millen-era Lions.
              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                I thought Luck played well V Oregon but nothing near to the hype surrounding this kid. I realize the hype is impossible to live up to but I wasnt looking at him and saying to myself 'wow'.

I was saying that about the speed of the Oregon team though. Wow.
                I had a bad college sports week and then I flipped to the Oregon/Stanford game and the Oregon players looked like they were on fast forward. It was jaw dropping. I was still wowed by Luck in that he appears quite accurate when throwing on the move. His WRs aren't explosive so it'll be interesting to see what he can accomplish with NFL quality WRs.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                  My apologies -- 25 irrelevant seasons.
                  Now you are sounding like a Yankees fan. If team does not win WS or SB, the season was irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by owned View Post
                    Now you are sounding like a Yankees fan. If team does not win WS or SB, the season was irrelevant.
                    Low blow. Besides it should be Cowboy fan or Steeler fan.

J
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                    X