Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wildcard Weekend

Wow what a game in Cincinnati!
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

That's the most disgraceful game I've ever seen, on both sides.

In the end, the Bengals were dirtier and wanted it less, and got their wish.

I need a shower.
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post

I need a shower.
      Have to fight fire with fire. It all washed off in the rain.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post

I need a shower.
        I was pulling for the Bengals but every time Vontaze Burfict showed his face that faded for me. the fines from this one will be epic and it's quite possible a few players see suspensions (in fact if I'm the steelers I'm very worried about going into New England without Ryan shazier).

Comment

Joey Porter - who probably should get the Steelers' game ball - probably won't be on the sidelines next week, given his improper behavior that ultimately clinched the win after the Bengals hit and before the Pac-Man penalty. But he's only a coach now, so who cares?

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

What an absolute shitshow of a game...people are going to look at the score and think it was a good game, and they couldn't be further from the truth. If this doesn't make the NFL hire full time officials, and tighten the rules, nothing will. Get your shit together NFL...
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

NFL franchises that TORMENT their fans, in their own inimitable ways:

Jets, Dolphins, Bills
              Bengals, Browns
              Texans, Titans, Jaguars
              Chiefs, Chargers, Raiders

Redskins, Eagles, Cowboys
              Bears, Lions, Vikings
              Buccaneers, Falcons
              Cardinals, Rams

that's 21 out of 32

loathsome exceptions include the Patriots, Steelers, Ravens, Seahawks

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

My son is a Bengals fan, and as the penultimate drive for the Steelers began, I told him that Vontaze Burfict was going to do something that would cost his team the game. At 12 years old, even he knew I was probably right.
                Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

The year of teams covered in warts continues. All four road teams won (can't remember the last time that happened) but now have a lot of question marks.

Chiefs looked great but head to New England likely without Jeremy Maclin (ruh-roh).
                  Steelers are waaaay banged up as Ben is majorly questionable and could be limited even if he plays plus Brown is in the concussion protocol.
                  Seahawks won by the miracle grace of Blair Walsh and now head to Carolina, one of the last teams to beat them.
                  Packers finally looked like the team we thought they were on offense, but now face an Arizona team that thumped them two weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Trautdiggity View Post
                    The year of teams covered in warts continues. All four road teams won (can't remember the last time that happened) but now have a lot of question marks.

Chiefs looked great but head to New England likely without Jeremy Maclin (ruh-roh).
                    Steelers are waaaay banged up as Ben is majorly questionable and could be limited even if he plays plus Brown is in the concussion protocol.
                    Seahawks won by the miracle grace of Blair Walsh and now head to Carolina, one of the last teams to beat them.
                    Packers finally looked like the team we thought they were on offense, but now face an Arizona team that thumped them two weeks ago.
                    So, four division winners are gone and all four wildcard teams advance.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Typical of this hellacious football season.

Comment

NFL team values have doubled over the past 5 years.

So whatever the NFL is doing, it's working!!

Fans just love the violence, I guess.
                        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

It's never happened. Not unexpected with Houston and Washington, two mediocre teams from horrendous divisions.
                          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                            NFL team values have doubled over the past 5 years.

So whatever the NFL is doing, it's working!!

Fans just love the violence, I guess.
                            Also, they love gambling and fantasy (and DFS, which is a combination of both). That's driving viewership just as much as actual team/league fandom, if not more.

Also helping is that live sports are the last holdout against declining TV ratings overall, as more people opt for DVR, On Demand, streaming services and whatever else you can find on smartphones and tablets.
                            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                            X