Fantasy Sinkers and Floaters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantasy Sinkers and Floaters

Which players sank in value this week? Who rose to the surface?

Here's some:

Sinkers
    Sammy Watkins - oof, a goose egg. And Taylor had a solid day. I expect a rebound, but his value's as low as it's ever gonna get.
    Peyton Manning - looked like a shell of himself. But's its Peyton, so he'll likely bounce back. But I'm worried.
    Joe Flacco - their whole passing game centers around a 35-year old who said he's retiring soon.
    Jameis Winston - how long until the Mike Glennon chants start?
    Isaiah Crowell - 12 for 20 isn't gonna cut it, even in Cleveland.
    Adrian Peterson - uh oh.
    DeMarco Murray - what he said.
    Devin Funchess - maybe he won't just step in as the WR1 after all.
    Nelson Agholor - what he said.

Floaters
    Marcus Mariota - well, that debate was settled real quick-like.
    Johnny Manziel - still a gunslinger, but I think everyone has to agree he gives them a better chance to win over Josh McCown.
    Carlos Hyde - wow
    Bishop Sankey - nice comeback. Let's see it continue.
    Danny Woodhead - could be a nice fantasy starter in PPR leagues.
    James Jones - good thing the Giants cut him.

I'd add a couple of guys to the Floaters list.

Donte Moncrief: 6/46/1 on 11 targets for a guy that was supposed to be behind Andre Johnson (4/24/0) and splitting WR3 snaps with Phillip Dorsett (2/45/0).
    Stevie Johnson: Had a solid day 6/82/1 (on 6 targets) with K. Allen dominating targets (17).
    Brandon Coleman: Is he the Saints newer/bigger (6'6") version of Marques Colston? He outplayed Colston on Sunday with a 4/41/1 line on 7 targets while Colston put up 3/29/0 on 7 targets.
    14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
    RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
    WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
    TE: Olsen (NA)
    K: Lutz (7)
    DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

Austin Sefarian-Jenkins also had a nice day, but the long TD was fluky and he still has Winston as his QB. Not sure I'd depend on him as a starter yet.

Tyler Eifert also had a huge day, and his owners should feel like they have fantasy gold. Eric Ebron & LaDarius Green also had nice days and should warrant starting consideration.

Comment

Watkins was shut down by Vontae Davis and the Bills didn't need to risk throwing toward Davis because they had a lead all game. Watkins will be fine in games against teams without shutdown corners and in games where they trail.

Agholor had the most WR snaps for PHI aside from Matthews but only 2 targets. He'll be involved, though it may take a while to develop chemistry with Bradford.

Murray will be fine -- the volume of plays means 3 RBs can be productive in the same game. All 3 may turn out better in PPR than standard because Kelly seems to be using a lot of short passes to RBs in lieu of runs.

Manziel wasn't that good aside from one or two throws. Cleveland is eff'd regardless of whether he or McCown plays.

I knew Woodhead was capable of this but I wasn't able to get him in any leagues.
        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Sinkers
          CJ Anderson has to now be considered an unmitigated disaster, and Jeremy Hill, DeMarco Murray and LeSean McCoy are lobbying for entry into this exclusive club. But those three are still startable (for the brave, or the desperate), whereas Anderson is not.

Justin Forsett is another RB going against every fantasy player's instinct, who thought Marc Trestman would crank him up a notch.

Davante Adams owners are rueing the day they took him over more established WRs (yours truly included, as I took Adams over Allen Robinson in one draft).

Many thought Andre Johnson's move to the Colts would pump up his stats, and instead he has a pathetic 7 catches for 51 yards over the first three weeks. Another old timer, Roddy White, has an impressive two goose eggs in three games.

Minny's Charles Johnson was a potential breakout candidate, and now he's a potential waiver wire candidate.

Teddy Bridgewater has an apt name -- his owners are jumping off the bridge and floundering in the water.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            Sinkers
            CJ Anderson has to now be considered an unmitigated disaster, and Jeremy Hill, DeMarco Murray and LeSean McCoy are lobbying for entry into this exclusive club. But those three are still startable (for the brave, or the desperate), whereas Anderson is not.

Justin Forsett is another RB going against every fantasy player's instinct, who thought Marc Trestman would crank him up a notch.

Davante Adams owners are rueing the day they took him over more established WRs (yours truly included, as I took Adams over Allen Robinson in one draft).

Many thought Andre Johnson's move to the Colts would pump up his stats, and instead he has a pathetic 7 catches for 51 yards over the first three weeks. Another old timer, Roddy White, has an impressive two goose eggs in three games.

Minny's Charles Johnson was a potential breakout candidate, and now he's a potential waiver wire candidate.

Teddy Bridgewater has an apt name -- his owners are jumping off the bridge and floundering in the water.

Murray and McCoy can at least blame injuries.

Comment

Working...
            X