X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Annual "Who's Your Favorite Team" Thread - 2015 Edition

The Annual "Who's Your Favorite Team" Thread

Why break tradition?

1. Who is your favorite team, and how will they finish this year?

San Diego Chargers (probably for the last time) - 8-8 and missing the playoffs

2. Who is your team's sleeper?

Is anybody really a "sleeper" anymore? With that, I'll say Stevie Johnson. he put up some nice yers in buffalo with a bunch of rag arms at QB and for the first time in his career he has an actual NFL quarterback throwing to him.

Branden Oliver is forcing himself into some carries with his preseason play and, if Woodhead or Gordon go down, he could be a nice in-season pick up.

As much man love as I've had with Ladarius Green the past two years, it just seems the team doesn't want to utilize him. With Gates out for the first 4 games, he has a shot, but I doubt he'll see more than a handful of looks each game.

3. Who will disappoint?

Ugh, as much as I hate to say it, Melvin Gordon's buzz is really going in to the toilet. Can't pass-pro, can't catch balls. Expectations should really be tempered.

4. How would rank the Offense?

They'll be one of better offenses in the league and McCoy seems to know what he's doing on that side of the ball. The injuries on the O-line last year (especially at center) was ridiculous and signing Orlando Franklin and moving Fluker inside to guard, the line should not be as much of an issue this year. The receiving corps of Allen, Floyd, Johnson and Inman will quietly be one of the most productive units in the game. Rivers is a a pro's pro and makes a nice low-end QB1. Gordon, Woodhead and Oliver will be all above average.

5. How would rank the Defense?

It's going to depend on the health of their corners. Jason Verett showed flashes his rookie year of being a solid corner, but an injury derailed his year. Branden Flowers made a come back to pro bowl level play. Eric Weddle is a hammer at strong safety.

With that said, if they don't get a stikning pass rush from up front the secondary is going to be dead tired from having to spend all of their time chasing other receivers around the field given all the time the QB has to throw. Melvin Ingram and Jeremi Attachou need to provide that rush. Attachou is the guy to watch here. They kept the chains on him last year as he learned the game more but he'll be a 3 down starter this year. Mantei Teo (yeah, yeah) made strides last year and is a respectable ILB. Liguet, Linsmore and Reyes need to step up and plug the running game.

Overall, this has the potential to be a much improved unit.
Working...
X