Auction league keeper question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auction league keeper question

14-team auction league with $250 cap. 20-man rosters. PPR, H2H, decimal scoring. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (W/R/T), 1 Team K, 1 Team D/ST.

We can keep up to 4, though if you keep 4, 1 must have been a rookie the previous year.

Who would you keep from this roster? Last year's rookies marked with (R), Benjamin looks to be the only choice for that slot. But the other three, I could go in a number of directions.

QB Ryan $17
    QB R. Wilson $16
    RB C.J. Anderson $69 (Elite RBs usually go for between $70 and $80)
    RB Ivory $8
    RB L. Miller $20
    RB Rainey $7
    RB A. Smith $12
    RB Taliaferro $6 (R)
    RB J. Thompson $8 (R)
    WR K. Allen $13
    WR Benjamin $25 (R)
    WR Britt $9
    WR Quick $8
    WR Stills $19
    WR Wallace $29
    WR Wayne $26
    WR Wheaton $16
    TE J. Thomas $12
    TE Tamme $6
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

QB R. Wilson $16
    RB L. Miller $20
    WR K. Allen $13
    WR Benjamin $25 (R)

Tough to say on Anderson if we don't have an idea of which RBs will be available in the auction. $69 seems like a boatload though.

Comment

Of the top tier backs, I expect AP, McCoy, Foster and Forte to be available and Lacy, Charles, Lynch and Murray to be kept. Bell could go either way - 58 to keep, which is a no brainer without a suspension but a tougher call with one. Last year, McCoy went for 77, AP and Forte each for 74, Foster for 56 and Lynch for 43. So there's a good chance I could get Anderson or a comparable back for less than 69.

The four you picked plus J Thomas are the ones I've been mulling over the most.

Comment

Yeah, coin flip between Julius and Allen. But if you got Julius for $12 last year, I can't imagine he goes for more in Jax.

Comment

Julius was drafted for $2 in 2013, kept for $7 in 2014 and would be $12 to keep this year. We give $5 raises to players under $20, 25% raises to players $20 and over.

Olsen went for $16 last year, that might be the benchmark for Julius this year.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            QB R. Wilson $16
            RB L. Miller $20
            WR K. Allen $13
            WR Benjamin $25 (R)
            I'm good with these choices as well.

Allen had a down year last year but expect a decent bounce back season from him.

Comment

I ended up trading Allen and Ivory for a $36 Demarco Murray.

Which means I can dispense with spending big money on RB in the auction. I expect to buy one of the top 4 WR available -- Dez, DT, Calvin or Julio -- and fill out with $10-25 guys.

Comment

4 or 6pts for passing TDs?
                14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
                RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
                WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
                TE: Olsen (NA)
                K: Lutz (7)
                DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

Originally posted by jwlincy View Post
                  4 or 6pts for passing TDs?
                  Six. Regardless, Wilson finished as QB4 in this league's scoring system last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                    I ended up trading Allen and Ivory for a $36 Demarco Murray.

Which means I can dispense with spending big money on RB in the auction. I expect to buy one of the top 4 WR available -- Dez, DT, Calvin or Julio -- and fill out with $10-25 guys.
                    So Wilson ($16), L. Miller ($20), Murray ($36) and Benjamin ($25) R. Pretty nice start.
                    14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
                    RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
                    WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
                    TE: Olsen (NA)
                    K: Lutz (7)
                    DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                      QB R. Wilson $16
                      RB L. Miller $20
                      WR K. Allen $13
                      WR Benjamin $25 (R)

Tough to say on Anderson if we don't have an idea of which RBs will be available in the auction. $69 seems like a boatload though.
                      I like these 4 as well.
                      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Working...
                      X