Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fellow football junkies.....1st pick in FFPC format?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In best ball I absolutely, positively lock in a running back with the top pick -- then focus on best available WR or RB for 4 or 5 picks then judge the draft and start working in QB and TE to get 3 of each, with the idea that one has a great game every week -- then back to WR and RB until you're forced to take 2 K and 2 D/ST.

3 QB
    18 RB+WR
    3 TE
    2 K
    2 D/ST

MAYBE a 3rd defense in lieu of a RB/WR
    Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Zola View Post
      In best ball I absolutely, positively lock in a running back with the top pick -- then focus on best available WR or RB for 4 or 5 picks then judge the draft and start working in QB and TE to get 3 of each, with the idea that one has a great game every week -- then back to WR and RB until you're forced to take 2 K and 2 D/ST.

3 QB
      18 RB+WR
      3 TE
      2 K
      2 D/ST

MAYBE a 3rd defense in lieu of a RB/WR
      Todd,

I'm still not sold on RB going #1. If LeVeon Bell isn't suspended, then yes, I'll take him! But, all of the other RB's are questionable....Peterson, Charles, Forte....actually Forte is pretty reliable especially in a PPR format. He rarely gets injured and catches a ton of receptions.

With the draft being next week, I might go Bell and hope for a reduced suspension.

Comment

Actually, since it's best ball I think I'd go Bell first overall since you're good enough to draft a stable of RB that have two play well in the first four weeks and then you're in the driver's seat the rest of the season.

This is for a different thread but in a standard home league I'm all over Bell. I think the impact on a fantasy team is limited if you plan accordingly.

You're having the same struggles I have with high stakes (baseball too) -- it's a different mentality. Reliability, even in best ball, is secondary. You need to draft best case scenario which is usually the riskier scenario.

Comment

Actually, since it's best ball I think I'd go Bell first overall since you're good enough to draft a stable of RB that have two play well in the first four weeks and then you're in the driver's seat the rest of the season.

This is for a different thread but in a standard home league I'm all over Bell. I think the impact on a fantasy team is limited if you plan accordingly.

You're having the same struggles I have with high stakes (baseball too) -- it's a different mentality. Reliability, even in best ball, is secondary. You need to draft best case scenario which is usually the riskier scenario.
          I think he's up there as a top player. I'm not sure when the appeal decision will come through but it's worth the risk because of the league set-up.

Comment

Something to keep in mind is in this format TE will fly off the board since the 1.5 PPR could boost one into flex territory. This season is tough since there isn't really a guy worthy of a second rounder but someone will double-up TE early - guaranteed. With the #1 pick you may want to consider a TE at the 4/5 turn. I'll bet 10-12 are gone by 6/7.

Comment

Something to keep in mind is in this format TE will fly off the board since the 1.5 PPR could boost one into flex territory. This season is tough since there isn't really a guy worthy of a second rounder but someone will double-up TE early - guaranteed. With the #1 pick you may want to consider a TE at the 4/5 turn. I'll bet 10-12 are gone by 6/7.
              I'm looking at the first two drafts that happened last night and the night before.

TE name - Draft 1 pic, Draft 2 pick:

Gronk - 1.01; 1.03
              Graham - 2.11; 2.05
              Olsen - 3.08; 3.09
              Kelce - 4.04; 3.02
              Ertz - 5.08; 5.11
              Bennett - 5.05; 5.12
              Cameron - 6.06; 6.01
              Thomas - 7.02; 6.05
              Witten - 8.01; 6.09
              Walker - 7.09; 7.03

So, it's shows some trends. I'd rather wait and grab Witten, Walker and Owen Daniels and grab better RB, WR & QB early.

BTW, the #1 overall picks so far were Gronk and Antonio Brown. Bell went 3rd and 4th in both drafts.

I'm leaning towards Brown or Bell.....still haven't decided....probably Bell and hope for a reduction to 1 game.

Comment

Be bold. Take Gronk.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

So here are my results from the draft:

1.01 - Antonio Brown
                  2.12 - Justin Forsett
                  3.01 - T.Y. Hilton
                  4.12 - Brandon Marshall
                  5.01 - Martellus Bennett
                  6.12 - Danny Woodhead
                  7.01 - Drew Brees
                  8.12 - Owen Daniels
                  9.01 - Reggie Bush
                  10.12 - Colin Kaepernick
                  11.01 - Darren Sproles
                  12.12 - Sam Bradford
                  13.01 - Marvin Jones
                  14.12 - Lorenzo Taliaferro
                  15.01 - Mohamed Sanu
                  16.12 - Markus Wheaton
                  17.01 - Justin Hardy
                  18.12 - Benjamin Watson
                  19.01 - Defense MIA
                  20.12 - Steven Hauschka
                  21.01 - Riley Cooper
                  22.12 - Stevan Ridley
                  23.01 - Nick Folk
                  24.12 - Devin Hester
                  25.01 - Chris Johnson
                  26.12 - Andrew Quarless
                  27.01 - Kamar Aiken
                  28.12 - Ray Rice

Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post
                    So here are my results from the draft:

1.01 - Antonio Brown
                    2.12 - Justin Forsett
                    3.01 - T.Y. Hilton
                    4.12 - Brandon Marshall
                    5.01 - Martellus Bennett
                    6.12 - Danny Woodhead
                    7.01 - Drew Brees
                    8.12 - Owen Daniels
                    9.01 - Reggie Bush
                    10.12 - Colin Kaepernick
                    11.01 - Darren Sproles
                    12.12 - Sam Bradford
                    13.01 - Marvin Jones
                    14.12 - Lorenzo Taliaferro
                    15.01 - Mohamed Sanu
                    16.12 - Markus Wheaton
                    17.01 - Justin Hardy
                    18.12 - Benjamin Watson
                    19.01 - Defense MIA
                    20.12 - Steven Hauschka
                    21.01 - Riley Cooper
                    22.12 - Stevan Ridley
                    23.01 - Nick Folk
                    24.12 - Devin Hester
                    25.01 - Chris Johnson
                    26.12 - Andrew Quarless
                    27.01 - Kamar Aiken
                    28.12 - Ray Rice

Thoughts?
                    Before this post I was thinking I would rather go with Bennett later than Gronk #1. Glad you did that. Brees in the 7th. I just can't get over that. Guess I am just to used to seeing him being a top 3 QB.
                    Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                      Kinda light on the RBs but a really good team at a glance.

Out of curiosity, where did Latavius Murray go?
                      Yeah, I knew I was in trouble when I saw what was left after I drafted Forsett.

All of the solid, consistent backs like Ellington, Miller, etc went like wildfire!

So, since I can get by with only 2 starting RB's and the flex guys can be WR's & TE's, I went after PPR machines like Woodhead, Bush, etc.

I tried for multiple options at all of the positions and hope they compliment each other during the season.

We'll see...first time playing this format.

Thanks for the responses.

Comment

Oh yeah, Murray went at 4.05.

After I picked Hilton in round 3, here are all of the RB's picked before it got back to me at 4.12:

Hill, Hyde, Gore, Miller, L. Murray, Spiller, Ellington, Ingram, Yeldon and Bernard....needless to say, I was pissed at that point!

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post
                          Oh yeah, Murray went at 4.05.

After I picked Hilton in round 3, here are all of the RB's picked before it got back to me at 4.12:

Hill, Hyde, Gore, Miller, L. Murray, Spiller, Ellington, Ingram, Yeldon and Bernard....needless to say, I was pissed at that point!
                          That doesn't surprise me. I'd have gone RB back to back in 2/3, with the belief that a WR I could get in round 4 could come closer to TY Hilton's production than the RB difference.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                            That doesn't surprise me. I'd have gone RB back to back in 2/3, with the belief that a WR I could get in round 4 could come closer to TY Hilton's production than the RB difference.
                            I agree, Chance!

I am now kicking myself for not doing that.

Comment

Interesting to see in an actual draft, though. I'm in a 12-team league with 1 pt/reception, so you've convinced me to go get my Two top RBs before round 3 is out.

Great steals on Bennett and Brees.

Comment

Working...
                              X