Texans sign Cecil Shorts and Vince Wilfork
    Raiders cut Matt Schaub
    Browns sign Tramon Williams

Comment

Chargers sign Stevie Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
        Raiders add Trent Richardson. Sigh....
        Anyone who has proclaimed the Raiders his team inexorably must choose pain as his principle.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Raiders add Trent Richardson. Sigh....
          I don't mind the addition, even though he's probably useless, but what was with that contract? $3.9m with another $4m in incentives? I suppose they could always cut him since there's no guaranteed money, but blechh.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            Anyone who has proclaimed the Raiders his team inexorably must choose pain as his principle.
            It could be worse....you could be a Raiders AND Browns fan!

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              I don't mind the addition, even though he's probably useless, but what was with that contract? $3.9m with another $4m in incentives? I suppose they could always cut him since there's no guaranteed money, but blechh.
              They needed to get to the salary floor and most won't take their money.
              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Latavius Murray owners a bit panicked right now?

Don't be!

Comment

Steelers resign OLB James Harrison to a two year $2.75 million contract with a $500,000 signing bonus. Harrison had 5.5 sacks over the final seven games so he still has something left in the tank.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Sad day for Steelers fans as fan favorite Troy Polamalu has retired after 12 seasons.

Rotoworld:
                    Troy Polamalu is retiring from the NFL.
                    Polamalu said he made the decision so he could spend more time with his family. The Steelers asked Polamalu to retire months ago to avoid the awkwardness of cutting him. The 33-year-old was a remarkable talent, appearing in eight Pro Bowls during his 12-year stay in Pittsburgh. Polamalu won two Super Bowls and was named 2010 NFL Defensive Player of the Year. Injuries marred the end of his career, but there's no doubt Polamalu is Canton bound. He was the rare (only?) safety around which a defense was built; Dick LeBeau specifically designed his defense to allow for Polamalu's highly-disruptive freelancing. Shamarko Thomas is the leading in-house candidate to replace Polamalu.
                    Source: Uniontown (PA) Herald-Standard
                    Apr 9 - 10:21 PM
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Raiders sign Michael Crabtree

Comment

Funny they get him now, after years of complaining that they should have drafted him instead of Heyward-Bey.
                        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Yeah, not one Raider fan or Raider anything on the face of the planet wanted Crabtree after the draft concluded. Zero. He's still persona non grata in Oakland.
                          So it makes perfect sense the Raiders would roster him.
                          Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

The Raiders got Reggied yet again. At least the contract isn't a huge or long one.
                            I actually think it's a good signing. One year deal, not a ton of guaranteed dough. They need to spend and they need receivers. Injuries definitely sapped Crabby of something last season but they're betting (pretty cheaply) that he will recover. He is only 27. I also think the 49ers offensive regression (and Kaepernick's) played a part too. Worst case he clears the books next offseason and they're ready to spend elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                              Sad day for Steelers fans as fan favorite Troy Polamalu has retired after 12 seasons.

Rotoworld:
                              Troy Polamalu is retiring from the NFL.
                              Polamalu said he made the decision so he could spend more time with his family. The Steelers asked Polamalu to retire months ago to avoid the awkwardness of cutting him. The 33-year-old was a remarkable talent, appearing in eight Pro Bowls during his 12-year stay in Pittsburgh. Polamalu won two Super Bowls and was named 2010 NFL Defensive Player of the Year. Injuries marred the end of his career, but there's no doubt Polamalu is Canton bound. He was the rare (only?) safety around which a defense was built; Dick LeBeau specifically designed his defense to allow for Polamalu's highly-disruptive freelancing. Shamarko Thomas is the leading in-house candidate to replace Polamalu.
                              Source: Uniontown (PA) Herald-Standard
                              Apr 9 - 10:21 PM
                              Another 12 year veteran retires as the Steelers defense continues to get younger.

from Rotoworld:
                              Former Steelers CB Ike Taylor announced his retirement.
                              Taylor was a mainstay in the Steelers secondary, spending all 12 of his seasons in Pittsburgh and racking up 140 starts. He was a starter in the franchise's latest two Super Bowl wins (XL, XLIII) and started 11 playoff games overall. But Taylor turned into a weekly target for matchup-savvy fantasy owners over the last few seasons, getting lit up by opposing No. 1 wideouts. Going on 35 years old and unable to drum up any interest in free agency, Taylor realized it's time to move on. He's expected to pursue a broadcasting career.
                              Apr 14 - 9:12 AM

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X