Which leaves from this draft:
    El Bene Diablo
    Controller Jacobs
    heyelander

And we wanted to invite:
    Sea Dog Stat
    Johnny's other imaginary friend

were there others?
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Johnny's imaginary friend has other imaginary commitments. So he's a no go.

Comment

Something on decades that I dug up from an old spreadsheet:

edit to fix data
        Last edited by Kevin Seitzer; 12-26-2018, 01:52 PM.
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
          El Bene Diablo
          Controller Jacobs
          heyelander

And we wanted to invite:
          Sea Dog Stat

were there others?
          of course I'm playing.
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

I don't know when that draft is from, but I assume it's quite a while ago. Do we need to adjust anything now that the 2010s are mostly a complete decade? Add a player or something?
            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

El Bene Diablo
              Controller Jacobs
              heyelander

And we wanted to invite:
              Sea Dog Stat

were there others?
              B-Fly?

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                I don't know when that draft is from, but I assume it's quite a while ago. Do we need to adjust anything now that the 2010s are mostly a complete decade? Add a player or something?
                It looks like VD 10 was the last decades draft on this forum, and was conducted in 2015, so probably whatever rules we had then we can use again.

Comment

Shall we say a New Year start. Should give us time for a couple of prelim Polls ... because you gotta right?

I'll assume that everyone from VD 12 is in ... and PM the outliers. haven't heard any dissenting voices yet.

-----

Maybe we should look at the cover album draft as a lesson on inviting (filthy) casuals who aren't really that eager (just sayin'). I still have nightmares about the Peter Griffin era.

Comment

Decades is the most "basic bitch" mode of drafting. Can anyone think of a way to spice it up apart from KO's (or a combo draft)?

Poll 1 KO's

Poll 2 ??????

Comment

Let’s play two

El Bene Diablo
                      Controller Jacobs
                      heyelander

And we wanted to invite:
                      Sea Dog Stat

were there others?
                      people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

I really don't like KO's but will go with what the field wants. Would be more interested in a combo draft of some sort if franchises aren't possible.

Comment

A couple ideas:

KOs based on a year instead of a player? Too much work to remove that year from career numbers but at least disallowing a year from BY use.
                          Requiring particular rounds to be a hitter or a pitcher? I had thought about that a while back, it's kind of interesting if the person with the last pick gets compensated by always having the first pick of pitchers, but I don't know what the historical stats are on correlation between draft position and final standings (and with so few data points that's probably significantly skewed by who's in each slot), but maybe the more experienced people have an opinion.
                          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

KOs based on a year instead of a player? Too much work to remove that year from career numbers but at least disallowing a year from BY use.
                            Never heard this one before ... but with a decade draft we'd be KO'ing decades in any case. Ko'ing a year in a Letter draft, I imagine you'd be as much likely to hurt yourself as other people.

Requiring particular rounds to be a hitter or a pitcher? I had thought about that a while back, it's kind of interesting if the person with the last pick gets compensated by always having the first pick of pitchers, but I don't know what the historical stats are on correlation between draft position and final standings (and with so few data points that's probably significantly skewed by who's in each slot), but maybe the more experienced people have an opinion.
                            KO's don't have that much effect. They just deepen the player pool a bit. They only run through the innocuous rounds (6-15) so they can't really effect the early or later rounds, and they don't include the difficult letters/decades.

Comment

Should I throw up a poll for a Decade Letter combo draft?

Comment

If we have same group as VD12, how about we use inverse standings to choose draft slots?
                                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                                X