*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Test

<blockquote class="reddit-card" data-card-created="1589681454"><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/baseball/comments/gl0b4n/30_aces_in_30_days_luis_castillo/">30 Aces in 30 Days - Luis Castillo</a> from <a href="http://www.reddit.com/r/baseball">r/baseball</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//embed.redditmedia.com/widgets/platform.js" charset="UTF-8"></script>
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• And a fail!
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Mike Trout's career OPS is exactly 1.000.

Comment

• Nick Blackburn 2008: 11-11, 33 Games started, 4.05 ERA, 102 Runs allowed, 10.4 H/9, 1.1 HR/9, 1.8 BB/9
          Nick Blackburn 2009: 11-11, 33 Games started, 4.03 ERA, 102 Runs allowed, 10.5 H/9, 1.1 HR/9, 1.8 BB/9

Weird.

Comment

• Went for a hike with my kids yesterday....thought it was 5 miles woth 1200 foot vertical. Turns out it was 6.5 with 2000 feet and rocks and roots the whole way. It was our second hike of the year. It was pretty rough, amazing though that they are fine today and i feel like i was run over by a truck. getting in shape is painful at my age
            ---------------------------------------------
            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• So can i ignore religion on civ v ? Or will they infiltrate and kill me ? Doing good at econ stuff, but the whole religion thing is puzzling
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                So can i ignore religion on civ v ? Or will they infiltrate and kill me ? Doing good at econ stuff, but the whole religion thing is puzzling
                Yeah, initially it's a good idea to focus on the main mechanics - growth, production, the social policy tree and tech. Get to grips with those then expand to other areas.

The mod I recommended earlier, makes religion really good compared tot he base game. So I recommend playing religion when you install that mod ... pretty much every game.

Note also, that you can adopt AI religions, which may be better than any religion you could build for yourself.

Comment

• Letting another civ allow their shitty religion to slime its way through yours is definitely grounds for a nukin'.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                    Nick Blackburn 2008: 11-11, 33 Games started, 4.05 ERA, 102 Runs allowed, 10.4 H/9, 1.1 HR/9, 1.8 BB/9
                    Nick Blackburn 2009: 11-11, 33 Games started, 4.03 ERA, 102 Runs allowed, 10.5 H/9, 1.1 HR/9, 1.8 BB/9

Weird.
                    This is the very definition of consistent mediocrity.

Comment

It was game of the year on Xbox, too, if I remember correctly and got insanely good review scores. What didn't you like about it?

Edit: Yep, game of the year: https://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox...d-redemption-2

You cray cray, bro!
                      I tol' you: there was an extremely long opening cutscene that couldn't be avoided. I had no patience for it, stopped playing it, and never went back. My kids didn't like it and moved onto the next thing, and when they don't play a game, they sell it back to Gamestop (at my loss, natch).

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        I tol' you: there was an extremely long opening cutscene that couldn't be avoided. I had no patience for it, stopped playing it, and never went back. My kids didn't like it and moved onto the next thing, and when they don't play a game, they sell it back to Gamestop (at my loss, natch).
                        Oh, I see. I can’t even remember what cutscene you’re talking about. I thought they were all skippable. The game is definitely worth another shot. There’s a whole world of stuff to do.

Comment

Letting another civ allow their shitty religion to slime its way through yours is definitely grounds for a nukin'.
                          Nukes ... meh. Wholesale genocide you mean.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                            Nukes ... meh. Wholesale genocide you mean.
                            Yeah, my underlying strategy always seems to be revenge, where I remember whoever attacked me in turn 47 with their archers. 200 turns later I wipe them off the map. Probably not the best strategy for actually winning but I derive sick satisfaction from it.

Comment

Yeah, my underlying strategy always seems to be revenge, where I remember whoever attacked me in turn 47 with their archers. 200 turns later I wipe them off the map. Probably not the best strategy for actually winning but I derive sick satisfaction from it.
                              I refused to agree to peace treaty because i wanted to make my enemy suffer, lol
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Where are you guys ordering reusable masks from? The ones I have are kinda lame and I really don’t want to try and make them.

Comment

Working...
                                X