No announcement yet.

*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe next time, we can discuss the relationship of usufructs to the current MLB/MLBPA negotiations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
      If you say so.

C'mon man. There's some intentional shit slinging you pulled with that "I guess you're uncomfortable with that word" garbage. Maybe I took it wrong, and if so I apologize.

But if not, this is supposed to be a fun place where we come to get away from the crap that's in hot topics. Why would you want that here?

Listen. I'm not a big fan of millionaires whining when there are people that are actually suffering in this world. I didn't know that was such a controversial take that you'd be upset about it. You can frame it other ways if it makes you sleep better, but that's what this was about for me. I'm tired of hearing privileged people complain about how they have it so rough. And it turns out, if you look around, I'm far from alone in that take, Snell's whining did not go over well.

How that turns me into the bad guy, I have no idea.

Obviously you can, but why would you want to?

Okay...

It's hard to read in this format. Maybe I'm getting old. Anyway, I really didn't intend to sling any shit at all and I truly do think it was the perhaps loaded nature of the words servant and master that got you going. Of course, you using words like "garbage" and "if it make s you sleep better" might serve the same ends. For me, master/servant is just normal nomenclature (for cb, too, I think) but I see why it can read differently. But yeah, I'm sort of a stream of consciousness type of guy. Sometimes that includes shit talking Trump or whatever. But it also includes insightful posts about toothpaste (a reference that I think predates you) so you have to take the inflammatory with the benign.
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
        It's hard to read in this format. Maybe I'm getting old. Anyway, I really didn't intend to sling any shit at all and I truly do think it was the perhaps loaded nature of the words servant and master that got you going. Of course, you using words like "garbage" and "if it make s you sleep better" might serve the same ends. For me, master/servant is just normal nomenclature (for cb, too, I think) but I see why it can read differently. But yeah, I'm sort of a stream of consciousness type of guy. Sometimes that includes shit talking Trump or whatever. But it also includes insightful posts about toothpaste (a reference that I think predates you) so you have to take the inflammatory with the benign.
        *benegn
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Mmmm, beignets....
          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
            Mmmm, beignets....
            Early Saturday morning (i.e. at the end of a late Friday night) powdered sugar fight at Cafe du Monde!!! I did a few of those back in my Tulane days, lol. But nobody is discussing usufructs.

Comment

• Isn't Moonlight J a big fan of the Usufructs?

"Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• If the Usufructs played a decent schedule, they wouldn't be undefeated.

Comment

• Or I forget...is that the Utah State University mascot?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                    If the Usufructs played a decent schedule, they wouldn't be undefeated.
                    Plus the advantage of only playing Knight games
                    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                      *benegn
                      It took me far longer than I’d like to admit to get this.
                      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• You guys with the fancy computers or consoles should really try out Red Dead Redemption 2. Crazy fun. I just got thrown in jail for attempting to talk to the sheriff but accidentally punching him in the face, causing him to fall over and get run over by a stagecoach. Good times.

Comment

• I'm going to invest in beignet futures.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                            You guys with the fancy computers or consoles should really try out Red Dead Redemption 2. Crazy fun. I just got thrown in jail for attempting to talk to the sheriff but accidentally punching him in the face, causing him to fall over and get run over by a stagecoach. Good times.
                            We had it for the Xbox, none of my kids liked it, I tried it and couldn't get through the first scene (which wasn't a cutscene), and we sold it back to Gamestop, for a loss, I'd imagine.

Comment

• Uh, what? That’s extremely surprising. It’s a great game!

Comment

• It was game of the year on Xbox, too, if I remember correctly and got insanely good review scores. What didn't you like about it?

Edit: Yep, game of the year: https://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox...d-redemption-2

You cray cray, bro!

Comment

Working...
                                X