*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
    I'd say we're at 2/3 masks here. How did you get by without going to a grocery store for so long? I never really stopped, have to eat something. I'm Catholic, so churches are shut down indefinitely for me, not really a question. Then again, I am in one of the hardest hit areas, so people are a little more likely to follow the rules here.
    It my first trip personally but not the first trip for our family. For the first several weeks we either made do with what we had in the pantry or freezer or what we could get from grocery store delivery service, even though that wasn't very workable on a long term basis. Oh, we were also getting produce delivered already from a place called Imperfect Produce. But recently my wife has been to the store two or three times to get things. Last time was over a week ago at Walmart and she said mask compliance was pretty close to universal. But it was at the end of last week here that I saw that all start to fall apart in my neighborhood, and after seeing the same thing at the store last night, suddenly I'm not very eager to go to the store again.
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      And with 75% masks and lots of people working at home, and most businesses closed we are still just holding steady.
      I think with 75% masks, while that's certainly less than ideal, that's still a critical mass. I'm concerned that as the fraction goes significantly below 50% here that there will be social pressure not to wear them, and the rate will continue to go lower and lower, particularly since I live in an area that voted 70% for Trump.
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
        I think with 75% masks, while that's certainly less than ideal, that's still a critical mass. I'm concerned that as the fraction goes significantly below 50% here that there will be social pressure not to wear them, and the rate will continue to go lower and lower, particularly since I live in an area that voted 70% for Trump.
        On Nextdoor (think local facebook for people who have lost/found pets and NIMBY racists) there are people here boycotting the local food store chain that is insisting all customers wear masks.

Placer county is one of the more conservative parts of CA.
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Nextdoor is awful.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
            Nextdoor is awful.
            Very.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
              Nextdoor is awful.
              Probably depends on your area - my nextdoor isn't that bad. Then again I only use it when I want to for a specific purpose, and I don't go on there often.

Comment

• "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

That is hilarious
                  ---------------------------------------------
                  Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Observations from my local park.

1. Dog-walking is up like 500 percent.
                    2. Skateboarding is in fact a crime
                    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

That post was not good for my productivity today.

Comment

• My Semi retirement job is at a Walmart - we of course have to wear mask and get our Temp taken everyday I have noticed in the last several days less mask. What blows my mind is I have seen parents come into the store with kids. The Parents wear mask but the kids don’t ����%♂️.

I finally went and visited my parents but we sat at the opposite side of the room. When I see my grandkids it is always outside and we say far apart. Haven’t seen my 9 month old granddaughter since this Started except on FaceTime.
                        The only other place I’ve been is to visit a friend I use to live with when he was between marriages. They told him 7 weeks ago he had a week to live so I usually stop in 2 to 3 times a week to sit with him.

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
                          My Semi retirement job is at a Walmart - we of course have to wear mask and get our Temp taken everyday I have noticed in the last several days less mask. What blows my mind is I have seen parents come into the store with kids. The Parents wear mask but the kids don’t ����%♂️.

I finally went and visited my parents but we sat at the opposite side of the room. When I see my grandkids it is always outside and we say far apart. Haven’t seen my 9 month old granddaughter since this Started except on FaceTime.
                          The only other place I’ve been is to visit a friend I use to live with when he was between marriages. They told him 7 weeks ago he had a week to live so I usually stop in 2 to 3 times a week to sit with him.
                          dude... door dash is great.

Comment

• Today I learned we can take away reputation points from our RJ brethren. Seemed like Focal Slapper was getting a little too high and mighty.
                            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                              Today I learned we can take away reputation points from our RJ brethren. Seemed like Focal Slapper was getting a little too high and mighty.
                              No matter your subversive efforts it is clear that peeples love The Slapper
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                                Today I learned we can take away reputation points from our RJ brethren. Seemed like Focal Slapper was getting a little too high and mighty.
                                bwahahahahahaha!

Comment

Working...
                                X