• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnny I was gonna send you my pick but your inbox is full

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
      Johnny I was gonna send you my pick but your inbox is full
      I'll be around
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• I have a busy day and will be out with a client from 11:00 -- 4:30 west coast. If anyone has an updated sheet, can you send it to me and I'll try to see if I can send a pick ahead?

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
          I have a busy day and will be out with a client from 11:00 -- 4:30 west coast. If anyone has an updated sheet, can you send it to me and I'll try to see if I can send a pick ahead?
          Sent to your Yahoo email.
          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
            Not sure if this is still the case, but there had been formatting inconsistencies between the original player stats and the appended 2018 seasons. That can spike file size by moving formatting from the column level to the cell level. If formats are re-applied per column to the by sheet, that may help.
            I think I fixed that formatting issue when I updated the stats, but I'm sure there are others. I know for example, that the conditional formatting on the ROUNDS worksheet is a nightmare. I'm guessing some of the other new worksheets, like the hit_comb and pit_comb that Johnny added, might have added a lot of size, too?

If this is still an issue for people, we can try to figure it out. Right now, I'm operating under the assumption that downloading it from my Google Drive (the first link in the Spreadsheet thread) bypasses the Dropbox problem.
            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
              I think I fixed that formatting issue when I updated the stats, but I'm sure there are others. I know for example, that the conditional formatting on the ROUNDS worksheet is a nightmare. I'm guessing some of the other new worksheets, like the hit_comb and pit_comb that Johnny added, might have added a lot of size, too?

If this is still an issue for people, we can try to figure it out. Right now, I'm operating under the assumption that downloading it from my Google Drive (the first link in the Spreadsheet thread) bypasses the Dropbox problem.
              Just a query, because I can't check, no-one can download the file because it is more than 5MB?

The only conditional formatting on the hit_comb and pit_comb sheets is the A column. I "rasterized" all the rest of the data, so there are no formulas. The extra columns I have on these pages, on my personal Spreadsheet, adds 2MB to the file size!

I deleted the conditional formatting I added to the Rounds page, and it made no difference the file size.

Comment

• I'll try again. When I downloaded it to my hard drive it wasn't functional, so I have to download to my dropbox and apparently it's a 5 MB limit for Excel online. Just tried again and no dice.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Comment

• This is what I get when I run some VBA code that I found from a Google search on how to find the size of Excel worksheets:

Code:
                  Worksheet Name	Size
                  ROUNDS  	1594804
                  Sheet1  	8117
                  Snapshot	645366
                  hit_comb	965052
                  pit_comb	998721
                  stand    	24932
                  dash     	31840
                  CP      	18447
                  BYP     	16743
                  CH      	15973
                  BYH     	16321
                  let     	25387
                  dec     	19923
                  pick     	466259
                  pos     	38462
                  era     	12952
                  help    	10267
                  hit_car  	487482
                  hit_seas	838599
                  pit_car  	419598
                  pit_seas	919814
                  CJ       	1506173
                  DMT      	1507376
                  Johnny  	1507055
                  Frae    	1507157
                  Bene    	1506974
                  Ken     	1507056
                  TSG      	1507068
                  Heye     	1506763
                  Revo     	1506869
                  Feral   	1506665
                  KS      	1507223
                  Hacko    	1507287
                  mjl      	1507171
                  blank1  	1504897
                  blank2  	1503304
                  The individual team pages seem to be taking up way more space than I would expect?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                    This is what I get when I run some VBA code that I found from a Google search on how to find the size of Excel worksheets:

Code:
                    Worksheet Name    Size
                    ROUNDS      1594804
                    Sheet1      8117
                    Snapshot    645366
                    hit_comb    965052
                    pit_comb    998721
                    stand        24932
                    dash         31840
                    CP          18447
                    BYP         16743
                    CH          15973
                    BYH         16321
                    let         25387
                    dec         19923
                    pick         466259
                    pos         38462
                    era         12952
                    help        10267
                    hit_car      487482
                    hit_seas    838599
                    pit_car      419598
                    pit_seas    919814
                    CJ           1506173
                    DMT          1507376
                    Johnny      1507055
                    Frae        1507157
                    Bene        1506974
                    Ken         1507056
                    TSG          1507068
                    Heye         1506763
                    Revo         1506869
                    Feral       1506665
                    KS          1507223
                    Hacko        1507287
                    mjl          1507171
                    blank1      1504897
                    blank2      1503304
                    The individual team pages seem to be taking up way more space than I would expect?
                    The vlookup's really take up that much space?

I'll delete all that KO nonsense from the team pages (which, in fairness is not that much data) ... I just left it as a reminder of how I did it ... and from the pick page also. That might do it (not that we should have to ... a 5MB limit in 2019 is absurd) - reduced file size by 0.152

Got it down to 5.02 MB

Arrgh ... now 5.01 MB - troll!
                    Last edited by johnnya24; 01-22-2019, 02:31 PM.

Comment

• 4.77MB ... found a bunch of old stuff hidden in the Snapshot page.

Success! :insertemoteforshallowvictory:

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                        4.77MB ... found a bunch of old stuff hidden in the Snapshot page.

Success! :insertemoteforshallowvictory:
                        Xlnt graz!
                        - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Somehow I lost almost an entire point with these fixes, grrrr
                          - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                            Somehow I lost almost an entire point with these fixes, grrrr
                            It was maybe mjl's hitting ... it was using additive instead of multiplicative. That was fixed last week.

Note there are still fixes to be added to the SS in regard to the minor stat updates. This looks like being an ongoing thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                              I almost picked about 5 people there.
                              I know johnny fucked up the rules this time, but I'm pretty sure this isn't allowed.
                              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                                This looks like being an ongoing thing.
                                Since these are minor changes I can batch them up until the end? What's your preference?

Comment

Working...
                                X