No announcement yet.

*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I see Joost is trending on Twitter. I assume people the world over are mulling their choices for J in their vintage drafts.
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post

That sucks
      It does, but it's really not that big deal, no reason to have a big implosion
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
        I see Joost is trending on Twitter. I assume people the world over are mulling their choices for J in their vintage drafts.
        PB and joost
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Saw a goofy cherry-picked stat on Reddit.

Four MLB pitchers in the modern era have had a WHIP of .72 or lower over their first 8 starts of a season with their team winning all 8. 1901 Christy Mathewson, 1907 Addie Joss, 1908 Mordecai Brown, and 2024 Ranger Suarez.
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
            Saw a goofy cherry-picked stat on Reddit.

Four MLB pitchers in the modern era have had a WHIP of .72 or lower over their first 8 starts of a season with their team winning all 8. 1901 Christy Mathewson, 1907 Addie Joss, 1908 Mordecai Brown, and 2024 Ranger Suarez.
            wow, I had no idea Ranger Suarez was having such a great year. He's still got some work to do if he wants to be drafted in VD 19
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post

wow, I had no idea Ranger Suarez was having such a great year. He's still got some work to do if he wants to be drafted in VD 19
              His career may be over before VD 19 happens.

Trivia tidbit: we tried to get Ranger Suarez as a throw-in in the Ken Giles deal in 2015. Suarez was a 19-year-old in the Gulf Coast League at that point. Good job by our Florida pro scout, but Phillies wisely said no.
              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Trivia tidbit: we tried to get Ranger Suarez as a throw-in in the Ken Giles deal in 2015. Suarez was a 19-year-old in the Gulf Coast League at that point. Good job by our Florida pro scout, but Phillies wisely said no.
                Interesting. His career may be over before The next VD happens, I don't even know what number we are on or if we will ever do this again. I hope we do
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Jonathan Arauz was our Florida scout's second choice after Suarez. He has ended up having a big league career, which for a throw-in in a trade like that is still a success, but he hasn't been Ranger Suarez.

Comment

I took this to mean you were seeing something in ranger's approach that lead you to think he would be injured soon... but this is just a rip on our inability to pull together another VD (I hope).

Comment

Jonathan Arauz was our Florida scout's second choice after Suarez. He has ended up having a big league career, which for a throw-in in a trade like that is still a success, but he hasn't been Ranger Suarez.
                      I'm really happy to see that Jonathan Singleton is having a moment. Really happy for the guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post

I took this to mean you were seeing something in ranger's approach that lead you to think he would be injured soon... but this is just a rip on our inability to pull together another VD (I hope).
                        If I were that good at predicting injury....well....I'm not.

Comment

Working...
                        X