No announcement yet.

*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darling actually goes through moments from ten different games from his career in the book. It's quite a thoughtful/observant book.
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
      I'm going to Hawaii tomorrow! First time ever. It's been on my bucket list for a long time. Any suggestions? Going to all the islands (cruise ship, but it's basically just a floating hotel/restaurant, we'll be on land most of the time)
      If you lose glasses at McDonald’s- Magnum PI could help then you can take a tour of his house. Win win!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
        If you lose glasses at McDonald’s- Magnum PI could help then you can take a tour of his house. Win win!!!
        New Higgins, not old Higgins !
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I'm going to Hawaii tomorrow! First time ever. It's been on my bucket list for a long time. Any suggestions? Going to all the islands (cruise ship, but it's basically just a floating hotel/restaurant, we'll be on land most of the time)
          Only been there once, but Pearl Harbor for sure, did the Road to Hana, also did a Luau (which was OK), and go to Diamondhead in Waikiki. Besides the surfing, Honolulu is pretty disappointing. Lots of places cater to Japanese tourists, and much of the rest of the place is pretty dingy. Have fun, surf, golf and relax on the beach.

Comment

• I liked the ATV tour I took on Kauai. Would have been a bit more fun to get off road and more muddy, but it was a good time.
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
              shovel dirt on him?
              I'm ok with it
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• ok catch by Swanson....great framing on Schwarber K.....great game in Atlanta
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Playoff baseball is so great...two good games so far tonight
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                    There was a Mennonite at our Luau. Immediately thought of this thread

Comment

There was a Mennonite at our Luau. Immediately thought of this thread
                      Doing Mennonite/Brunsstetter Luau ? I've heard it's crazzzeeee !
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                        Doing Mennonite/Brunsstetter Luau ? I've heard it's crazzzeeee !
                        The best DMBLs may be lines like this one that I read through without even realizing what it is at first.
                        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Congratulations, heye!

Phillies are playing really well.

Comment

• thanks mate. sorry for your braves... maybe not the braves in general, but I root for your braves... it's some cognitive dissidence I guess.

exciting times in philly. my aunt was at game 4. said it was insane

So what happens now? I mean, immediately now. Do you all get a week or two off work before you have to start planning for 2023? Or does everyone show up today on a massive let down and start working again? I feel like you should get some time to decompress. Like when my SO was let go from a job or whatever, I was like, okay, take a week to wallow, then you need to start looking for something else. I hope they give you some time to step away.
                            Last edited by heyelander; 10-17-2022, 06:05 PM.
                            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                              thanks mate. sorry for your braves... maybe not the braves in general, but I root for your braves... it's some cognitive dissidence I guess.

So what happens now? I mean, immediately now. Do you all get a week or two off work before you have to start planning for 2023? Or does everyone show up today on a massive let down and start working again? I feel like you should get some time to decompress. Like when my SO was let go from a job or whatever, I was like, okay, take a week to wallow, then you need to start looking for something else. I hope they give you some time to step away.
                              Coaching staff and players definitely get some time away. In the front office, it depends on what your role is, but free agency starts up pretty soon here, so we don't get much of a breather. It's actually a handicap of playing in the World Series, which I would happily take on, of course, that you have to turn right around and jump into free agency with really no time to dissect players and make plans like you have in a year where you don't go that far.

It's disappointing for sure, but next year comes calling quick, so we can't feel sorry for ourselves for very long. Really the only down time in a major league front office is Christmas to New Year's. Maybe a couple days at Thanksgiving. We used to have a break at the All-Star Break, but MLB took that away from us when they moved the draft there.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                                thanks mate. sorry for your braves... maybe not the braves in general, but I root for your braves... it's some cognitive dissidence I guess.

Dude, Mike's Braves likely winning the next 10 WS, let's enjoy this one for the Phil's !

With the DMBL out of the way, I have to say I have a lot of history rooting for certain squads and the Braves aren't one of them, but I too cheer for Team Seitzer, sure looks like they have an amazing future lined up.

Excited for the game tonight, let's go Phillies !
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X