*** VD 10 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Long John View Post
    On a side note, why do the pictures I post always appear smaller? What am I doing wrong?
    You need to unclick the little box below the url link:

"Retrieve remote file and reference locally"

Comment

Perhaps I can entice you into this oasis.
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]684[/ATTACH]
      I've taken so much medication I'm in Sleeper mode

Comment

• This is the first draft that I've come in planning to punt a category. I'm not convinced I'm doing it right (Guerrero specifically may not have been a good choice, and I don't know if I'm taking guys I want too early because nobody else would be willing to take the hit), but my god is it satisfying to not care about batting average. The number of new players I can consider now that having a career .260 average isn't a problem makes this very different.
        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• I regularly punt ba and it seems to work really well for me
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
            This is the first draft that I've come in planning to punt a category. I'm not convinced I'm doing it right (Guerrero specifically may not have been a good choice, and I don't know if I'm taking guys I want too early because nobody else would be willing to take the hit), but my god is it satisfying to not care about batting average. The number of new players I can consider now that having a career .260 average isn't a problem makes this very different.
            The tough part about coming in with a strategy is that part of your strategy depends on who else is doing the same thing. If you have 3 people punting BA, you don't get nearly as much benefit.
            "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
            "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
              You need to unclick the little box below the url link:

"Retrieve remote file and reference locally"
              Thanks. And if anyone deserves to be displayed bigger, it's

Comment

The tough part about coming in with a strategy is that part of your strategy depends on who else is doing the same thing. If you have 3 people punting BA, you don't get nearly as much benefit.
                Tell that to Revo ... 3 people punting pitching ratios last draft ... Ed punts "better" than the other 2, and runs away with it. He scored 4x4x4x4 in 4 categories he was essentially punting. He also drafted the best hitting team into the bargain.

It can work both ways, especially in multi scoring. JonCarlos used to be my strategy nemesis. He always seemed to be on a similar strat and snaking my picks way earlier than I was prepared to take them.

If you target (highlight) ranges of players, rather than specific players, that helps (just like poker). Having your whole strat revolve around 1 player then getting snaked with no backup is deadly. You also have to be aware which players are desirable for other strats ... high BA teams can often afford to pick low BA players.
                Last edited by johnnya24; 11-12-2015, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Thanks. And if anyone deserves to be displayed bigger, it's
                  Bands who deserve to be bigger:

Last edited by johnnya24; 11-12-2015, 08:32 AM.

Comment

• Hehe... just like squids mom, Johnny likes bigger grand pricks.

Comment

• Rjel girl is vegetarian. We regularly call the soy bacon she eats "fakeon". What's a better term for the soy sausage, "fauxsage" or "falsage"?

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                        Rjel girl is vegetarian. We regularly call the soy bacon she eats "fakeon". What's a better term for the soy sausage, "fauxsage" or "falsage"?
                        soysage

Comment

soysage
                          i like it.

Comment

• S'all updated in the History thread. I even included all the happy little commas, dashes, and the friendly formatting and typos.

There are no mistakes, just happy little accidents

Comment

• Last 4 picks.
                              14.04 Billy Williams, OF, 1970
                              14.05 Tom Brown, OF, 1891
                              13.10 Joe Jackson- of 1911
                              13.11 Joe Mauer C 2010

You two clearly don't know where you are. Johnny, make Del stop the car and ask for directions.
                              people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                                Last 4 picks.
                                14.04 Billy Williams, OF, 1970
                                14.05 Tom Brown, OF, 1891
                                13.10 Joe Jackson- of 1911
                                13.11 Joe Mauer C 2010

You two clearly don't know where you are. Johnny, make Del stop the car and ask for directions.

Comment

Working...
                                X