Which scrubs (NL-only)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which scrubs (NL-only)?

Need a couple replacements to plug in for Utley and Gibbons (and possibly Rolen). Which of these guys are most worthy of a roster spot? BTW, OBP instead of BA

Donnie Murphy
    Jason Giambi
    Allen Craig
    Lucas Duda
    Mark Kotsay
    Angel Sanchez
    Mike Fontenot
    Willie Harris
    Craig Counsell
    Scott Cousins
    Jose Morales
    Geoff Blum
    Miguel Cairo
    Jason Michaels
    Alberto Gonzalez
    Laynce Nix
    Aaron Miles
    Ross Gload

allen craig was a reserve in our draft
    sanchez was actually drafted for a buck

the others were not so lucky-

looks about as good as my catching choice
    but at least Utley will come back (as long as he can sit down while fielding) :blabla:

Comment

I think Donnie Murphy is the only starter on that list......Right?

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
        I think Donnie Murphy is the only starter on that list......Right?
        Yup, and I already have Bonifacio so I would have the Marlins' 3B market cornered!

The worst part is that everyone's on waivers until April 12th so I probably won't even get the semi-decent choices unless my team has a bad first week.

Comment

One vote here for Allen Craig. I see 300-400 AB's for him this year. He will backup Freese at 3B and play 1B on Albert's (hoped for) rare off days.

However, his main position will be RF I think. Berkman in RF is this close to a platoon already and there is no way he holds up to the rigors of RF all year long.

I could see 15 Homers and 60 RBI's with a .260-.270 average. He's hitting .350-.360 this spring.

We'll see.

Daver

Comment

Donnie Murphy
            Allen Craig
            Willie Harris- Depending on Bay's health
            After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Daver View Post
              One vote here for Allen Craig. I see 300-400 AB's for him this year. He will backup Freese at 3B and play 1B on Albert's (hoped for) rare off days.

However, his main position will be RF I think. Berkman in RF is this close to a platoon already and there is no way he holds up to the rigors of RF all year long.

I could see 15 Homers and 60 RBI's with a .260-.270 average. He's hitting .350-.360 this spring.

We'll see.

Daver
              I like Craig a lot myself (had him on my minor league roster a few years back) so I'll probably put him 1st in priority.

Is Kotsay going to get most of the starts while Hart is out? I realize he's nothing special but he's put up some pretty good OBP's in the past and is hitting behind some pretty good bats (at least in today's line-up). Will Nyjer Morgan be a factor?

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                Is Kotsay going to get most of the starts while Hart is out? I realize he's nothing special but he's put up some pretty good OBP's in the past and is hitting behind some pretty good bats (at least in today's line-up). Will Nyjer Morgan be a factor?
                That's what I've heard and read. I'm admittedly surprised - I'd expected Morgan to start while Hart was on the DL.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Turns out someone had taken Allen Craig in the reserve round after all, he just hadn't been added to that team when I posted this

Anywho, we finally get to make our first moves so I need to put my waiver claims in order. How you would rank the following players who lead this early season in at-bats:

Willie Bloomquist
                  Wilson Valdez
                  Angel Sanchez
                  Willie Harris
                  Donnie Murphy
                  Humberto Quintero
                  Jason Jaramillo
                  Lucas Duda
                  Mark Kotsay
                  Aaron Miles
                  Wil Nieves
                  Ryan Roberts
                  Erick Almonte
                  Laynce Nix
                  Jason Bourgeois

Thanks!

Comment

Duda
                    Bloomquist
                    Sanchez
                    Roberts
                    Valdez

Bloomquist will probably force his way into the lineup for a while based on his hot start, even with Drew back.

Comment

Working...
                    X