X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K14: Jesus Montero

Original 2K14 post:

He's baa-aack!

He hit .270, with eight home runs, over 222 at-bats at Triple-A.

How much FAAB is he worth?
    Last edited by virgonomic; 07-12-2016, 08:57 AM.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

I FAAB him today in my 12 team AL only for $4. There was only one other bid of $1 and Montero was not even the owners first priority to FAAB.
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
      I FAAB him today in my 12 team AL only for $4. There was only one other bid of $1 and Montero was not even the owners first priority to FAAB.
      Wow. We go Sunday night. We have a west coast guy so it wouldn't surprise me if he went for 6-7.

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
        Wow. We go Sunday night. We have a west coast guy so it wouldn't surprise me if he went for 6-7.
        Could be that not many people noticed he was up, especially since he didn't do anything on Thursday. By Sunday more people will know he's up and of course if he gets some hits he could cost more.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Montero will only be playing in a limited capacity with the M's, mostly as a DH against left-handers with the possibility he could see some time at first if the M's are desperate, too (but again, only against lefties). I can't see how Montero will be worth much of anything in any league other than the 12-team AL Only's (which is pertinent in this case, obviously). I wouldn't put much money on him, though. $4 is about as high as I'd go, and I'd feel comfortable at $2 quite honestly.

Comment

A contender is pumping his $1 Jesus Montero as the Blue Jays first baseman next year. He doesn't think both Edwin and Smoak will be back.

I say: the Jays are more likely to keep Edwin than Bautista, and Smoak took less money to go to Toronto last year. Also, Montero hit around 0.230 each of the last 2 years in Seattle. He has to win the job and also keep it.

Is there anything to see here?

Comment

he's a lottery ticket; if I had open slots & didn't have to give anything up, yeah I might take a flier but no way would I give up anything of value.
              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

A contender is pumping his $1 Jesus Montero as the Blue Jays first baseman next year. He doesn't think both Edwin and Smoak will be back.

I say: the Jays are more likely to keep Edwin than Bautista, and Smoak took less money to go to Toronto last year. Also, Montero hit around 0.230 each of the last 2 years in Seattle. He has to win the job and also keep it.

Is there anything to see here?
                The title of the thread says it all: "2K14 Jesus Montero."
                If they let Edwin go, why not just take some of that money and get a better option than Montero? There's probably a 1% chance of him getting the job.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                  The title of the thread says it all: "2K14 Jesus Montero."
                  If they let Edwin go, why not just take some of that money and get a better option than Montero? There's probably a 1% chance of him getting the job.
                  Exactly. I was just going to respond and have virgonomic ask the person pumping Montero if they know what year it is.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

And the Jays extended Smoak today for two more seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                      And the Jays extended Smoak today for two more seasons.
                      Thanks for this. I expected Smoak to stay.

Comment

LOL.... busted for PED and a 50 game suspension.

Comment

Working...
                        X