Jose Abreu vs. Tanaka

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jose Abreu vs. Tanaka

12 team - AL only. Either would be a $10A contract but not count against your auction dollars to start the draft (start in reserves). Standard 5x5. Should be pretty good talent returning to the auction this year.
    Tanaka
    0%
    Abreu
    0%

The poll is expired.

I always take the hitter when it's close, and this is pretty close. Power is at an absolute premium these days and Abreu should have a 30 HR stroke in that park, not to mention he's supposedly a very patient hitter as well. Keith Law, who's opinion I trust, saw him the other day and came away very impressed. Paraphrasing here: His swing is clean and pretty, no load, but explodes to the ball as if his hands were much further back, so his swing path is very short. Looks to have great hand and wrist strength as well.

Tanaka is going to be fine, but I don't expect much more than a #3 starter type, especially in that ballpark.
    Last edited by Hornsby; 03-15-2014, 11:08 AM.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
      Tanaka pretty easily for me.
      Me too.

Comment

But Tanaka is a YANKEE, and therefore superior to mere mortals.

(He's darned good, but I'll take the power hitter.)

FWIW, in the PONY auction, Tanaka went for 18 and Abreu for 32.
        Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
        -- William James

Comment

I think Tanaka is the much safer play - his range of floor-to-ceiling is shorter.
          But Abreau seems relatively safe, has the potential for (much) greater heights, and yes, power is playing "up" this year in drafting, I think.
          SP seems a fairly deep pool this year.
          I'd take Abreau, and it wouldnt be that close of a call to me.
          One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Rutschman 22 JRamirez 40 Dezenzo 5 Lewis 6 Semien 26 Torres 20 Hamilton 10 Tucker 42 Cowser 1 Meadows 5 Holliday 17 Andujar 10 Robert 28 P Lopez 8 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10 McArthur 1 Miller 6 Crochet 10 Crawford 1

Comment

Working...
          X