trade advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trade advice

our keeper deadline is sunday, and i have a decent crop (posted earlier for advice - thanks again ), but am a bit heavy in power and light in speed.

another owner has offered his Everth Cabrera at $1 for my Eric Hosmer at $4, both in their option years.

i turned down his offer initially, but he has sent another query, and i'm wondering if other folks here agree with my initial rejection, or whether i should reconsider.

FWIW, it's a deep league (12 GMs, 17 ML teams taken from both AL and NL) with hitting categories: R, RBI, SB-CS, OBA, EBA.
    "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

You were right the first time. Try to find speed in the auction. EC for Hosmer is not a fair swap at those prices. If you really want EC, maybe you can work out a 2 for 2 where you get more value back, but 1 for 1, you can't pull the trigger.

Comment

man, I thought I knew baseball. What is EBA? Expected batting average?
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

thanks for the responses. i tried to make some adjustments to the trade, with different players thrown in, etc., but he didn't go for any of them. i'll stand pat with hosmer.

for mjl, EBA = Extra Base Average = EB/AB. branch rickey's original article explaining the advantage of OBA over BA also explained the advantage of using EBA (although he calls it "Extra Base Power") - and used the combination of the two, presaging OPS. see http://www.baseballthinkfactory.org/...o_old_idea.htm (the original article was in Life magazine in 1954).
        "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Working...
        X