No announcement yet.

Would you guys trade Myers for Puig?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I asked this same question at HQ and they were 5-2 in favor of Myers. Their projection for Puig might have something to do with it, 23 HR 17 SB .287.
    Last edited by cardboardbox; 02-23-2014, 03:04 PM.
    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      And now look at ya...one of the best young clubs in the league, with a fully stocked minor league system. All you need is a couple of parts, like a 1st baseman and a shortstop, and you'll be a contender for years. ☼ ☼ ☼
      After 15+ years of listening to the SOS about building a good young core from within, watching what little talent we had being traded for dross, signing aging veterans with little trade value, and way too many first round busts drafted for their "signability"...
      Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
      -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by TyWebb004 View Post
        I don't think that we draft that much differently at all. Buying Puig for $2 last year when I had a free S. Marte to slide into that spot is not really a huge risk. I was looking for the "homerun" and I got it, but the risk was minimal. I disagree with Puig having a much lower floor than Myers, but I do agree that it in fact is lower. They are both great talents and they both have risk tied to them(don't we all). I normally like to go with the higher upside guy.
        Yeah, last year Marte was huge. I just meant you take one every year. Hosmer, Arenado, Puig recently. Granted some of those are paying off quite well (minus Arenado) That is as far back as I can remember though Lol. Old age is kicking in.

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
          I asked this same question at HQ and they were 5-2 in favor of Myers. Their projection might have something to do with it, 23 HR 17 SB .287.
          Man, I don't see where they get 17 steals from, the most he ever had in the minors is 12, and he got caught 6 times that year. He's got SOME speed, but I really can't see steals in the teens...could happen I guess.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
            Man, I don't see where they get 17 steals from, the most he ever had in the minors is 12, and he got caught 6 times that year. He's got SOME speed, but I really can't see steals in the teens...could happen I guess.
            oops, I should have stated thats their projection for Puig.
            "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
              Pssh, HQ noobs! Hope you went with Puig!
              I tried, as I said a few months ago in this thread but even though I accepted the Puig owner's offer, he still wouldnt go through with it.

To be fair, HQ's projection was better for Puig than Myers but more in the forum thought Myers was the safer pick.

Comment

Working...
              X