Forsythe Traded to Rays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forsythe Traded to Rays

four-player swap, Rays give up Alex Torres. No word on the other two players. Seems like a lot to give up for a middling utility infielder type, but he attracted the attention of quite a few teams.

Rays need guys that can hit LH as DeJesus & Joyce have to sit against them. Was hoping for Denorfia

Comment

Do we have all the players? Last I saw the Rays may be getting another? Hard to rate it until we see the final outcome.
      Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Per Ken Rosenthal: #Padres make trade with #Rays official - LHP Torres and RHP Hahn to SD for IFs Forsythe and Tissenbaum and RHPs Andriese, Boxberger, Lollis.
        I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

I kinda like Boxberger but Torres looked like a guy who was at least a dominant setup guy, which is an awful lot to trade for Logan Forsythe.

Comment

Buy low, sell high type of situation. Team needs bats to face LH guys, & Forsythe does that. Boxberger has a lot of swing & miss & is good against lefties. He & Torres were nearly identical last year in how they handled LH.

Hahn's health has been a question mark, and Torres was a guy that was nearly out of the org last year who got hot at a good time. Torres is also out of options, and he was one of 8 guys on the 40 man roster in the pen out of options, 3 of which were left-handed (Ramos, McGee, Torres).

Comment

Maxx Tissenbaum is a Stony Brook alum who was on our 2012 CWS team!

Comment

Any chance Torres' role changes this year in SD, to closing or starting?

Comment

He's 5'10 and lefty, without Billy Wagner's stuff. I don't think he's a closer or a starting pitcher, but he has good reliever stuff.

Comment

Working...
                  X