Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tanaka has offers from 5 teams

All at least 6 years, $100 mil according to this article:

Fan easier, fan faster and fan better with Bleacher Report. Keep up with the latest storylines, expert analysis, highlights and scores for all your favorite sports.

Deadline for signing is 1/24, next Friday.

I would be shocked if he signed with either Chicago team. The money that the 5 teams will throw at him all should be enough to allow him to live where he wants to. Plus the Cubs are a long way away from being a contender with or without him.

As a Cubs fan I really hope he comes here.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
      Cubbies may be in the lead from what I hear but I'd love to see the Dodgers land him, too. Young and dominant is an excellent combo.
      If his wife has anything to say about where they live, it will be on one of the coasts. I think if the Dodgers really want him, they will get him. They are by far the favorites in my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        If his wife has anything to say about where they live, it will be on one of the coasts. I think if the Dodgers really want him, they will get him. They are by far the favorites in my mind.
        6/150, which is what the Cubbies are rumored to be offering, is going to be very attractive.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          6/150, which is what the Cubbies are rumored to be offering, is going to be very attractive.
          That is an insane contract for a pitcher who has never pitched in the majors. That isn't far off Kershaw money. Crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
            That is an insane contract for a pitcher who has never pitched in the majors. That isn't far off Kershaw money. Crazy.
            As the current beer commercial slogan says, "It's only crazy if it doesn't work".

It also helps when you have some of the national media trained to always give you the benefit of the doubt, as Theo has, and when you don't give a darn what they say.
            Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
            -- William James

Comment

Well he has 3 days to figure it out.

If LA offers 6 years 120m and the Cubs offer 6 years and 150m and the wife likes LA...how much can one spend in a lifetime?

Maybe just maybe he would rather be the Cubs Ace rather than a the best #3 in baseball?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                Well he has 3 days to figure it out.

If LA offers 6 years 120m and the Cubs offer 6 years and 150m and the wife likes LA...how much can one spend in a lifetime?

Maybe just maybe he would rather be the Cubs Ace rather than a the best #3 in baseball?
                or he has 3 days to get LA closer to the 150M.....
                Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Originally posted by Grinch View Post
                  or he has 3 days to get LA closer to the 150M.....
                  For what it is worth; The Score in Chicago is stating that it is now down to the Yankees and the Cubs.

Comment

Working...
                  X