Thoughts on Dynasty Keepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on Dynasty Keepers

12 team 5x5 rotisserie league w/ 7 keepers. You can keep players for as long as you like and there are no picks attached. Positions are standard with one utility and 2 RP. Each team has a set 5 SP. You can have pitchers on the bench but you cannot replace the starters without dropping them or sending them to the DL. Consistent starters tend to get drafted early. I have a good idea who I will keep but am interested in your opinions.

1B- Goldschmidt, A. Gonzalez
    2B- Cano, Profar
    3b- Wright
    C- Rosario
    SS- Hardy
    OF- Harper. Jennings, Granderson
    SP- Kershaw, Minor, Masterson
    RP- Chapman, Papelbon

Goldschmidt
    A. Gonzalez
    Cano
    Wright
    Harper
    Kershaw
    Minor

Chapman was #8. You know what they say about closers. Profar is intriguing in a dynasty but I think we need to see a full season or two out of him.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
      Goldschmidt
      A. Gonzalez
      Cano
      Wright
      Harper
      Kershaw
      Minor

Chapman was #8. You know what they say about closers. Profar is intriguing in a dynasty but I think we need to see a full season or two out of him.
      I think I'd swap Chapman and Gonzalez. I understand what you mean about closers but Chapman is a special case. Plus he already has Goldschmidt.
      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Goldschmidt
        A. Gonzalez
        Cano
        Wright
        Harper
        Kershaw
        Chapman

12 team mixed? Very good to good starters are a dime a dozen, and I put Minor in the very good category. Chapman as a closer is special - near-starter level Ks, premium ERA and WHIP, which in a 5 SP league actually has an impact.

Even in a 12-team mixed, that's a darn fine hitters list.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Yes, it's a mixed league. Thank you for your insight. As of now I'm confident with my top five and need two between chapman minor and gonzo. I don't want to go into the draft with only one starter so I like minor as one. The final decision would be between Gonzo and Chapman and I'm torn. I was also curious to see if anyone would consider Jennings or profar

Comment

Originally posted by Shark View Post
            I don't want to go into the draft with only one starter so I like minor as one.
            No offense, but why not? There's a lot of SPs at or near Minor's level, but few 1Bs left at AGonz's level.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I was thinking Minor because I was looking for a more balanced team pre-draft. You have me thinking and you make a very valid point. Gonzo is more valuable than Minor overall. I was just offered Bautista for jennings and a 6th rounder. I think im going to negotiate the pick and take the deal. It is very appealing to go hitter heavy and keep Bautista and Gonzo as my final two. That would leave out Minor and Chapman. Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                No offense, but why not? There's a lot of SPs at or near Minor's level, but few 1Bs left at AGonz's level.
                He said there is a premium on SPs due to the league format and he already has Goldschmidt. I'd keep Minor as well, who's also 6 years younger.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I was thinking Minor because I was looking for a more balanced team pre-draft. You have me thinking and you make a very valid point. Gonzo is more valuable than Minor overall. I was just offered Bautista for jennings and a 6th rounder. I think im going to negotiate the pick and take the deal. It is very appealing to go hitter heavy and keep Bautista and Gonzo as my final two. That would leave out Minor and Chapman. Thoughts?
                  Instead of Bautista, what about just asking for a 1st round pick? You could also trade Gonzalez for a high pick. With only 7 keepers, those high round picks become quite valuable. The trade you're considering isn't that good IMO when you factor in you're not just giving up Jennings and the pick but also Minor or Chapman.

Goldschmidt
                  Cano
                  Wright
                  Harper
                  Kershaw
                  Minor
                  Chapman
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                    Instead of Bautista, what about just asking for a 1st round pick? You could also trade Gonzalez for a high pick. With only 7 keepers, those high round picks become quite valuable. The trade you're considering isn't that good IMO when you factor in you're not just giving up Jennings and the pick but also Minor or Chapman.

Goldschmidt
                    Cano
                    Wright
                    Harper
                    Kershaw
                    Minor
                    Chapman
                    I have been aggressively trying to get a pick for Gonzo but have received 0 interest. I will continue to put him out there. Thanks for the feedback. This is a great forum!

Comment

I have been aggressively trying to get a pick for Gonzo but have received 0 interest. I will continue to put him out there. Thanks for the feedback. This is a great forum!
                      Any time, welcome to the Pen!
                      - Terence McKenna

Comment

Having a commodity like Profar would be extremely hard for me to not get value for him, especially as Texas has opened up 2nd base for him. That value would either be as a keeper or a serious trade chip I would think. Is there something I'm missing there?
                        Comparing a Fantasy Baseball Draft to an Auction is like comparing Checkers to Chess!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X