Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Live Drafts: How do you do your draft board?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're pretty old-school, too. Everyone keeps track on their own (or don't bother, in some cases). One guy (in fact, it's TheGaffer, for those of you doing the '70s draft) has a spreadsheet on his laptop that is the "official" document. Every three rounds or so, he announces how much money each owner has left. If there is a discrepancy, the player values on the relevant roster are called out until the issue is identified. It doesn't take very long.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
      We're pretty old-school, too. Everyone keeps track on their own (or don't bother, in some cases). One guy (in fact, it's TheGaffer, for those of you doing the '70s draft) has a spreadsheet on his laptop that is the "official" document. Every three rounds or so, he announces how much money each owner has left. If there is a discrepancy, the player values on the relevant roster are called out until the issue is identified. It doesn't take very long.
      I do that too as I use RotoLab to keep track of all the rosters. I guess we do the paper out of tradition.
      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Ours feels so disorganized. About half way through the draft most of us are half in the bag. We usually buy a texas mickey of Canadian club (3 litre bottle) so most of our brains are scrambled. So many times someone will try and draft a player that's already been taken because they forget to cross them off. Then the commissioner forgets to take the draft board home to input the players. It's just a big mess, so I'm going to try and make it a little more organized this year. In our football draft this year, one of our guys goes up and announces he's drafting DeAndre Hopkins and writes someone different. When it came to the last few rounds, I noticed he wasn't taken so I drafted him, and he claimed he was already drafted. Then there was a discrepancy because one of the other guys in our draft said he went up to draft him, but they told him he was already taken, which he wasn't. So he claimed he should get him because of the issue. It turned into a 20 minute argument. I told him it's up to him to keep track of who was and wasn't drafted, but I finally just caved.

Comment

That's a bit of a hike from Toronto Canada. I appreciate the offer though, thanks.

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
          Well, if you're willing to drive to scenic Canton, Ohio, in March, we could have something for you. Send me a PM if interested.

Comment

maybe you shouldn't smoke so much weed, Taco!
            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

It's my fault for keeping my guest bong at their house!

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
              maybe you shouldn't smoke so much weed, Taco!

Comment

our league uses a heavily customized excel spreadsheet that I set up, with a projector.

I'm toying with writing up an app that we can use during the auction ... being a programmer back in the day, it's kind of a hobby ...
                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

You should, that would be pretty good. An APP like that for smart phones and iPad's would be good too.

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                  our league uses a heavily customized excel spreadsheet that I set up, with a projector.

I'm toying with writing up an app that we can use during the auction ... being a programmer back in the day, it's kind of a hobby ...

Comment

Have the teacher borrow a projector from his school. He might already have one assigned to his classroom.

Comment

Yeah, I was thinking about that. I'm going to talk to him this weekend and ask him what he has available. I would like to get a projector that plugs into a Laptop, but those are pretty expensive from what I've seen.

Originally posted by mgwiz22 View Post
                      Have the teacher borrow a projector from his school. He might already have one assigned to his classroom.

Comment

Working...
                      X