Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choo to the Rangers - 7 years per Heyman/Passan

no $$ disclosed

Assuming he hits lead off, who bats 2nd? Kinsler is gone. Martin is also a lefty and has a sub 6% BB rate. Andrus is slightly better, but I would lead him off over having him #2, ditto Profar. Rios is a ticking GBDP bomb.

In spite of the best OBP not attached to Trout, I would bat Choo 2nd. Run out your MI of choice at lead off. When they get on, Choo can milk the count, plus he has enough power to score Profar or Andrus from 1B on occasion. Reverse it and the DP eat you up.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
      Assuming he hits lead off, who bats 2nd? Kinsler is gone. Martin is also a lefty and has a sub 6% BB rate. Andrus is slightly better, but I would lead him off over having him #2, ditto Profar. Rios is a ticking GBDP bomb.

In spite of the best OBP not attached to Trout, I would bat Choo 2nd. Run out your MI of choice at lead off. When they get on, Choo can milk the count, plus he has enough power to score Profar or Andrus from 1B on occasion. Reverse it and the DP eat you up.

J
      I don't get a vote, BUT I'd do what you said. Martin or Andrus leading off (I'm not sold on the idea of Profar there just yet), Choo second milking the count and giving the leadoff guy a shot at stealing.
      Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
      -- William James

Comment

J
        It'll probably be Andrus batting second and Choo leading off. I can see it now, Choo walks, Andrus lays down the sacrifice and Fielder/Beltre drives him in with a single. One of the top offenses in MLB with Choo leading off or even batting second.

Comment

There is truth to that. Boggs and Evans were historically great at OBA. Yes they had Rice driving them in, but look at the run production.

Ideally, Profar can take the next step and hit well enough to be at the top of the order. He has shown better ability to get the BB than the others, plus he hits from both sides. Rios would not be a disaster, but the DP would be a significant issue.

All that said, Elvus has already pulled significant time at LO or #2. Ron Washington is still filling out lineup cards.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

There is truth to that. Boggs and Evans were historically great at OBA. Yes they had Rice driving them in, but look at the run production.

Ideally, Profar can take the next step and hit well enough to be at the top of the order. He has shown better ability to get the BB than the others, plus he hits from both sides. Rios would not be a disaster, but the DP would be a significant issue.

All that said, Elvus has already pulled significant time at LO or #2. Ron Washington is still filling out lineup cards.

J
            He can go so many ways with #1-2 and still be right. Texas could have an awesome offense this year, and adding Choo while presumably subtracting Cruz will be a great improvement in the outfield defense.

Washington is probably saying to himself, "I love having so many options."
            Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
            -- William James

Comment

Working...
            X