Danny Valencia Traded to KC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danny Valencia Traded to KC

for OF David Lough. Possibly clears the way for Henry Urrutia to start at DH.

A little surprised here, I would have thought that the O's would have held onto him until they were sure of Machado's health.
    Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Originally posted by Grinch View Post
      A little surprised here, I would have thought that the O's would have held onto him until they were sure of Machado's health.
      Maybe they are.
      Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
      -- William James

Comment

Valencia crushes leftys, and Moose is anemic against them, so it's a nice platoon situation for the Royals. Another quiet move for the Royals that can really pay dividends...
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
          Valencia crushes leftys, and Moose is anemic against them, so it's a nice platoon situation for the Royals. Another quiet move for the Royals that can really pay dividends...
          I was going to say, "crushes?", then I looked it up. For his career, he's .229/.269/.360 vs. RHP and .329/.367/.513 vs. LHP. Yowza!

The issue is which Valencia you're going to get. For his four full or partial seasons, his OPS numbers are .799, .677, .467, and .888. That's as variable as you're going to get.

This Moustakas owner is going to view this acquisition as good news. Less can be more.
          Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
          -- William James

Comment

Working...
          X