Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryan Doumit Traded to the Braves

for pitching prospect Sean Gilmartin

Add him to Gattis and you have one competent catcher. And, well, even combining the two I'm still not sure you have a competent outfielder

Comment

The Twins get rid of a player they don't really need--and get a low-upside, low-velocity, pound-the-strike zone pitcher, the type they drafted for years and experienced failure after failure after failure with.

The Braves get rid of a pitcher they don't really need--and get another version of their current starting kinda-sorta catcher/kinda-sorta outfielder/etc.
      Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
      -- William James

Comment

Well, that was disappointing...I thought that the Twins already had Scott Diamond. Good thing is that he's a crafty left who only gave up 21 MORE hits than innings pitched. Oh yeah, he also k'd less than 6.5 batters per game...but hey! He's supposed to be a good fielder...
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
          Well, that was disappointing...I thought that the Twins already had Scott Diamond. Good thing is that he's a crafty left who only gave up 21 MORE hits than innings pitched. Oh yeah, he also k'd less than 6.5 batters per game...but hey! He's supposed to be a good fielder...
          Soon to be riding the "organizational depth" circuit around baseball, like Jeff Manship, whom I saw the Las Vegas 51s pound last June. Or Anthony Swarzak, or Liam Hendriks, or...
          Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
          -- William James

Comment

Working...
          X