Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Addison Reed traded to the D'Backs

...for Matt Davidson

this is dumb....6 years of player control for a guy with power potential for a closer. Herp a derp

Comment

It's four years of the closer, but I also don't like it for the DBacks. They continue to hold themselves back pursuing closers. Davidson strikes out a little too much, but he's been good at a young age at every level.
      people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Putz was very good for the DBacks in 2011-2012. He was hurt for part of last year but still ended up with plus ratios (including 38 k/34.1 IP). Some smarter org should see what they want for him.
        people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

I can see wanting to get younger (which Putz is not) at closer, and I can see wanting a more traditional power pitcher there (which Ziegler is not), but the price seems a little steep to me. I'm not familiar with the front office situation with Arizona, so I have to ask if this is a case of a GM on the ropes, mortgaging the future to try to win now, a la Jack Z in Seattle?

I'll have to check which league I have Davidson as a minor leaguer in. If it's my NL-Only, I'll have some colorful language to direct at the D-backs.
          Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
          -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
            I'll have to check which league I have Davidson as a minor leaguer in. If it's my NL-Only, I'll have some colorful language to direct at the D-backs.
            It's not Pony
            Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
            Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

Comment

Originally posted by Vecmizer View Post
              It's not Pony
              Just as I feared, it's 12TO, which is NL-Only. f**k sh** sh** f**k &$%#@!*--and I mean it.

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
              -- William James

Comment

Does he start the year in Chicago, or is he in AAA for control reasons?
                Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

I can see wanting to get younger (which Putz is not) at closer, and I can see wanting a more traditional power pitcher there (which Ziegler is not), but the price seems a little steep to me. I'm not familiar with the front office situation with Arizona, so I have to ask if this is a case of a GM on the ropes, mortgaging the future to try to win now, a la Jack Z in Seattle?

Kevin Towers is the GM.

Does he start the year in Chicago, or is he in AAA for control reasons?
                  Are you referring to Reed in Arizona? I would assume he's the closer there now from Day 1, no?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                    Kevin Towers is the GM.

Are you referring to Reed in Arizona? I would assume he's the closer there now from Day 1, no?
                    I'm pretty sure he means Davidson. It's unclear on cot's whether his clock has actually started.

Comment

Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                      I'm pretty sure he means Davidson. It's unclear on cot's whether his clock has actually started.
                      Got it. By "control" I thought he was referring to Reed's control issues, lol.

Comment

Just as I feared, it's 12TO, which is NL-Only. f**k sh** sh** f**k &$%#@!*--and I mean it.
                        Ahhh memories, this reminds me of when they traded my #1 farm pick Trevor Bauer away to the AL.

Comment

Originally posted by roadtrip68 View Post
                          Ahhh memories, this reminds me of when they traded my #1 farm pick Trevor Bauer away to the AL.
                          When it happens, you know it's just part of playing in an "only" league--but it still sucks.

I'll live.

-- William James

Comment

Jeesh, Arizona is high on Reed. Or something.
                            Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
                              Jeesh, Arizona is high on Reed. Or high.
                              Fixed
                              I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
                              X