X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mariners Get Corey Hart & Logan Morrison

nice haul for the M's!

Hart signs a 1-year deal, and they get LoMo for Carter Capps

I'm hardly a Morrison fan (unless it's the singer Jim), but that still seems like a paltry return for him.
    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
    -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
      I'm still really high on Carter Capps, even if he is just a reliever. He throws hard as hell and his peripherals indicated that he was more unlucky than anything last year (FIP was something like 3.60 despite a 5.00+ ERA).

How locked in is Cishek as the closer in Marlinville?
      By the standards of the Marlins (where all roles are temporary), he's in good shape. I believe he's in his first arbitration year and isn't a free agent until after 2017. Capps is four years younger, and more importantly for Miami, not near his arb years yet.

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
      -- William James

Comment

Wouldn't be surprised to see the Pirates in on Smoak if the Mariners give up on him.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
          Wouldn't be surprised to see the Pirates in on Smoak if the Mariners give up on him.
          Is there a particular reason why they should bother?

-- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
            Is there a particular reason why they should bother?
            They like reclamation projects and need a first baseman? They've been rumored to be interested in Smoak in the past. I'm not necessarily saying they SHOULD be in on him, just that I think they might be. EDIT... I believe Smoak is even worse against lefties. If that's true then he's a perfect platoon partner for Gaby Sanchez.

Comment

I'm still really high on Carter Capps, even if he is just a reliever. He throws hard as hell and his peripherals indicated that he was more unlucky than anything last year (FIP was something like 3.60 despite a 5.00+ ERA).

I hope you are right. I just traded for Capps so I would be nice to see him take on a bigger role in Miami.
              拖裤子,
              放屁

Literally means "pulling your pants down to fart" which is a Chinese idiom for "wasted effort." Makes sense to me!

Comment

His fastball was down a few ticks last year and he has horrible splits because the M's brought him up before he could learn a change and then didn't let him learn it in the bigs. He still may turn into a useful late-inning guy, but he's not someone I'd count on from this point forward. He looked awful last year in every way imaginable - stuff, confidence on the mound, posture coming on and leaving the field, etc.

Comment

Working...
                X