• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trumbo Traded to D'Backs

3-team deal:

Trumbo + 2 PTBNL to ARZ
    Skaggs + H. Santiago to LAA
    Eaton to CWS
    Last edited by revo; 12-10-2013, 05:58 PM.

The Diamondbacks get the 2 PTBNL players.

Diamondbacks acquired OF Mark Trumbo and two PTBNLs in a three-team trade with the Angels and White Sox.
    White Sox left-hander Hector Santiago will head to the Angels along with Diamondbacks southpaw Tyler Skaggs. Chicago is getting center fielder Adam Eaton. Trumbo is expected to play left field in 2014 for the Snakes, who have been looking for a power bat since the offseason began. Trumbo, 27, batted .234/.294/.453 with 34 home runs and 100 RBI in 159 games this past season for Anaheim and is heading to one of the more slugger-friendly parks in the major leagues.
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Arizona should simply have signed M. Reynolds.

Comment

Hector Santiago and a prospect for Adam Eaton? No wonder the White Sucks sox.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I once picked up Trumbo for JJ Hardy. There was a vote to veto because I was giving up too much.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by mgwiz22 View Post
            Arizona should simply have signed M. Reynolds.
            They've been down that road before and traded him away. He's not an outfielder, either, but then again, Trumbo isn't much of one either. Trumbo in the OF reminds me of Adam Dunn--once he gets going, he's fine, but he's a diesel under full load at getting up to speed.

I like the deal for Anaheim and Arizona, but don't understand what the White Sox are doing here.
            Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
            -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
              They've been down that road before and traded him away. He's not an outfielder, either, but then again, Trumbo isn't much of one either. Trumbo in the OF reminds me of Adam Dunn--once he gets going, he's fine, but he's a diesel under full load at getting up to speed.

I like the deal for Anaheim and Arizona, but don't understand what the White Sox are doing here.
              Arizona gave up a good pitching prospect and a good center fielder prospect for a decent 2.5 WAR player. No way I like that deal for them. They should have been able to have acquired Trumbo for one or the other, but the fact that it cost both is pretty nuts. I like this deal a lot more for the White Sox than the D-backs, that's for sure. But the Angels did the best for themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodhizefa View Post
                Arizona gave up a good pitching prospect and a good center fielder prospect for a decent 2.5 WAR player. No way I like that deal for them. They should have been able to have acquired Trumbo for one or the other, but the fact that it cost both is pretty nuts. I like this deal a lot more for the White Sox than the D-backs, that's for sure. But the Angels did the best for themselves.
                Yeah, I agree...the D-backs got some protection for Goldy, but went backwards in every other way. People see to have forgotten this, but Eaton posted absolutely ridiculous OBP numbers in the minors...I think somewhere in the .450 range over 1500 plate appearances. If he can relax and just play, he'll be a great top of the order guy for the Sox. The Angels obviously did the best in this deal, getting 2 controllable leftys, one who's a potential #2 guy, for not a whole lot.
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                  People see to have forgotten this, but Eaton posted absolutely ridiculous OBP numbers in the minors...I think somewhere in the .450 range over 1500 plate appearances.
                  Plus, they now have a decent trade chip in De Aza (and payroll drops about 4M) and can deal him before he gets expensive.

Comment

I agree that it was the White Sox who came out best in this deal. Arizona seems to not know what direction they are going in. When they traded Reynolds and Upton away it seemed they wanted to get away from the slugger types who struck out too often. Now they go out and acquire Trumbo for more than he seems to be worth. The deal might work out for them but the message that I am getting is that they lack a clear vision of what their team should be.

Comment

Before you get terribly excited about Trumbo, read my latest stuff http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/po...d-miss-problem

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                        Yeah, I agree...the D-backs got some protection for Goldy,
                        Goldschmidt saw the highest % of pitches in the zone for his career in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                          Goldschmidt saw the highest % of pitches in the zone for his career in 2013.
                          Stop killing joy with your facts and stats!

Weird thing is, they ditched Kubel after he gave them what they want from Trumbo in 2012. Kubel is having the quietest free agency for a bad 2013.
                          people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                            Stop killing joy with your facts and stats!

Weird thing is, they ditched Kubel after he gave them what they want from Trumbo in 2012. Kubel is having the quietest free agency for a bad 2013.
                            It may have something to do with how his awfulness continued when the Diamondbacks shipped him to Cleveland.
                            Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                            -- William James

Comment

I'd take Trumbo years before Eaton. Eaton has to be the most overrated minor leaguer around. He's a AAAA player, IMO
                              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                              X